• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays current account upgrade notification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays current account upgrade notification

I have had a Barclays current account (Or so i thought) with the usual debit card direct debits facilities etc.
    This goes back to when Barclays took over the Woolwich Building Society and closed down all the branches 10 years ago.

It seems all this time i have had a Barclays Card Cash Account and not a true current account?

A letter i received yesterday stated that my Barclays Cash Card account is now a Barclays Basic Current account from 15 January 2016 and that they were giving me notice of changing contractual terms.

They even state my account number, sort code and online banking wil not change

Now i am confused as to why and what is the difference??
    Last edited by judgemental24; 15th November 2015, 12:42:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays current account upgrade notification

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
    I have had a Barclays current account (Or so i thought) with the usual debit card direct debits facilities etc.
    This goes back to when Barclays took over the Woolwich Building Society and closed down all the branches 10 years ago.

It seems all this time i have had a Barclays Card Cash Account and not a true current account?

A letter i received yesterday stated that my Barclays Cash Card account is now a Barclays Basic Current account from 15 January 2016 and that they were giving me notice of changing contractual terms.

They even state my account number, sort code and online banking wil not change

Now i am confused as to why and what is the difference??
    Some " cash card " accounts restricted ATM use to the issuing banks
    machines. NatWest certainly did that.
    nem

Comment

A friend of mine received a similar letter from Barclays a short while ago. I forget the reasons they gave but they basically said nothing will change. Very odd!
      Disclaimer: I am not a qualified solicitor. Nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for professional legal advice. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, you should seek professional legal advice before acting upon any opinion, advice or information provided herein.

Comment

I have used ths so called "Cash Card" Barclays account for the last 10 years with no issues what so ever, that includes using the ATM card at any bank home or abroad.

The only thing different is that i have never had a cheque book. But who writes cheques now with the Visa Debit card and online banking?

I have never had an overdraft as i have never applied for one

Mind you with my online banking Barclays have stated i have been pre-approved for a Barclaycard. That only happened since i signed up to that "Clear score" who also say i have a 95% chance of being accepted for a Barclaycard

Very strange

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X