• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Untitled car immobilisation - should I sue Equita?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untitled car immobilisation - should I sue Equita?

This morning Equita immobilized my car using clamps, for a fine that has already been regularly payed for to the City Council.

After a long phone call with an extermely rude and aggressive operator of Equita, they verified with the City Council that the payment was correct, and finally they removed the clamps.

I arrived one hour late to work and the clamp damaged the right rim of my car.

Should at this point sue Equita? I don't care about making money out of it, but I would be very happy to take them to court.

Thanks
    Marco
    Tags: None

Re: Untitled car immobilisation - should I sue Equita?

Originally posted by MarcoMar View Post
    This morning Equita immobilized my car using clamps, for a fine that has already been regularly payed for to the City Council.

After a long phone call with an extermely rude and aggressive operator of Equita, they verified with the City Council that the payment was correct, and finally they removed the clamps.

I arrived one hour late to work and the clamp damaged the right rim of my car.

Should at this point sue Equita? I don't care about making money out of it, but I would be very happy to take them to court.

Thanks
    Marco
    Yes certainly raise a Formal Complaint, however Equita are the councils agents and the council is responsible for their actions.
    Obviously the council instructed Equita wrongly in the first instance.

Formal Complaint to the CEO of the council copy to Equita.

nem

Comment

As Equita are the agents of the council and provided they acted on full authority then you should be directing the issue to the council and not Equita, although you could copy a letter to Equita to make them aware of your complaint. Ultimately though it is the council who will be recompensing you for any damage and rather than going round the houses, direct it straight to them.

I have found councils to be hassle and taking their time so you might want to outline your complaint and give them a reasonable 21 days to respond before sending a letter before action.

Make sure to take photographs of the damage and have you got any quotes for the cost of repairing?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Rob and Nemesis are correct, don't forget to send any mail "recorded" delivery, some Councils are notorious for NOT receiving mail containing complaints.
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X