• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

***DISCONTINUED *** Winder82 v Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ReceivedCounty Court Claim from Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Will they be required to supply documents Ive requested for mediation to go ahead thanks

Comment

Hi ive not received an email about mediation. I still haven't received any information from bryan Carter. Please advise what I need to do

Thanks

Comment

Sorry I meant to say I have received it. It's asking the following

Mediation Requirements

Please read the following statements:

Yes
        No
        I can confirm that I am willing to compromise on this matter

I can confirm that there has been no police involvement in this matter at any time

I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before the appointment

I can confirm that I can mediate on the date stated above.
        (Mediation appointments are limited and can only be re-arranged under exceptional circumstances).

Comment

Should I reply saying this

I can't confirm that I have enough information about the claim. I have requested this from Lowell and their solicitor and to date have not received this.

Comment

This is the response from mediation

The case will now be transferred to local court to proceed; there may be a further opportunity to mediate when the District Judge makes directions.
            Do you think this will end up in court?

Comment

I have received a court date now.
              What evidence do I need to submit?
              I'm on holiday on the day of the claim, can my wife attend for me?
              It says they need to pay by the 28th October, will I be notified if they don't pay?

Comment

Winder52 v Lowell

Sorry it's me who has jumped on this thread

My questions are

It says they need to pay by the 28th October, will I be notified if they don't pay?

Thanks for all your advice

Comment

Please can you help with my questions

Comment

Hi all

I need to send my evidence to the court.
                    what do I need to send?

Thanks

Comment

If they don't pay the hearing fee you would eventually be notified but it's a good idea to call the court after the due date to check if they have paid or not. If they have then you can prepare your witness statement and documents which should be in to court and with the claimants at least 14 days before the hearing ( unless court have given you an earlier date - check the notice from the court)

Your wife can't attend for you unless she is a joint defendant. You can ask the court to hear it just on paper - but you need to inform the court in writing at least 7 days before the hearing that you won't be attending.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Do I send the witness statement to Lowell direct or to their solicitor?

Thanks

Comment

It would go to the court and the claimant's solicitors ( so Bryan Carter's )
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks

Also do I need to tell them I won't be at court or just the court?

Will it go against me as im on holiday

Comment

Yes you should tell them as well, you need to give 7 days notice.

Non-attendance of parties at a final hearing
                              (1) If a party who does not attend a final hearing–
                              (a) has given written notice to the court and the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date that he will not attend;
                              (b) has served on the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date any other documents which he has filed with the court;
                              and
                              (c) has, in his written notice, requested the court to decide the claim in his absence and has confirmed his compliance with paragraphs (a) and (b) above,
                              the court will take into account that party’s statement of case and any other documents he has filed and served when it decides the claim.
                              (2) If a claimant does not –
                              (a) attend the hearing; and
                              (b) give the notice referred to in paragraph (1),
                              the court may strike out(GL) the claim.
                              (3) If –
                              (a) a defendant does not –
                              (i) attend the hearing; or
                              (ii) give the notice referred to in paragraph (1); and
                              (b) the claimant either –
                              (i) does attend the hearing; or
                              (ii) gives the notice referred to in paragraph (1),
                              the court may decide the claim on the basis of the evidence of the claimant alone.
                              (4) If neither party attends or gives the notice referred to in paragraph (1), the court may strike out the claim and any defence and counterclaim.
                              It means your WS has to do the talking for you in essence as you won't be there to answer any questions or correct any mistakes the judge or claimants make.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have completed the witness statement. Is there anything additional I need to add as I won't be attending. I would attend but I'm on holiday and going to send the proof to the court.
                                I have asked if the case date can be changed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X