• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan carter and lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan carter and lowell

Good evening LegalBEAGLES and friends.

I posted last night in regard to a problem i have with Bryan Carter and their good friends at Lowells. I have a CCJ attached to my credit file from December 2013 and i am confused as to how i tackle the issue. I have researched the topics and many forum posts attached to this subject and i would love to have some clarification. My points are.......

1. As i agreed to settle the debt (although i am unsure as to the debt to be honest therefore i am loathed to "own" the debt as advised through the Moneywise site) i believed the case would be closed but i then found that a CCJ had been attached to my credit file. The case now has a "satisfied" mark on my credit file. I have read that i could have sent a CPR 31.14 request to the claimants solicitor but i through researching it would appear that i can't as the case is closed. is this correct?

2. Should i now send a CCA request to the claimant complete with £1 postal order for the Stat fee.I am loathed to contact Lowell again but if needs must i will. What is your opinion on this course of action?

3. Assuming its a no to the above, should i send a SAR request. If so, whom should i send it to?

4. If none of the above 3 what should i do? I trully believe that this CCJ should not be attached to my credit file and i have evidence to support the payments being made to Bryan Carter BEFORE the CCJ was posted.

I previously contacted Bryan Carter and this was their response;

Dear Mr Parker

Thank you for your email.

We confirm we are no longer instructed on this account.

We confirm that the last payment received was in the sum of £32.88 on 1 February 2014 which cleared the outstanding balance and our file is now closed. Should you have any further queries you should contact our client direct and the address below.

LOWELL GROUP
    Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
    Ellington House
    9 Savannah Way

Our file is legally privileged save in respect to your name, address and date of birth and the pleadings in the case. We do not have a copy of the pleadings as we issue in the County Court Business Centre.

Yours Sincerely

Bryan Carter Solicitors

I would like nothing than be able to sort this mess out myself but i am venturing into uncharted territory with this lot therefore i would ask for your help to enable me to sort my mess out. Any help is gratefully received.

With warmest regards

Stewart
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X