• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking

Before I post a new thread, I've just had a similar notice from SmartParking at Fustral. I "double-dipped" on a Sunday too to look at the surf for 5 minutes then went into Newquay then came back and parked for 4 hours. I bought some things in Newquay but as it was a Sunday all my bank statements show Monday as the payment date and I don't have any receipts now.

My PCN also does not show me having parked so I'm fairly happy about having a good case.

Any my advice besides calling them and saying that they can check the cameras to show I left after 5 minutes? My mate is away so can't check his bank stuff at the moment either.
    Tags: None

Re: Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking

Originally posted by iceclimb25 View Post
    Before I post a new thread, I've just had a similar notice from SmartParking at Fustral. I "double-dipped" on a Sunday too to look at the surf for 5 minutes then went into Newquay then came back and parked for 4 hours. I bought some things in Newquay but as it was a Sunday all my bank statements show Monday as the payment date and I don't have any receipts now.

My PCN also does not show me having parked so I'm fairly happy about having a good case.

Any my advice besides calling them and saying that they can check the cameras to show I left after 5 minutes? My mate is away so can't check his bank stuff at the moment either.

Do not speak to them. Simple appeal as registered keeper mentioning the double dip. They'll either cancel or let you go to popla with both a double dip and bogroll notice to keeper.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver visited the site, left then came back later . I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

M1

I sent off what you said and didn't get a reply for a week so I called them and they said it takes up to 35 days to come to a decision. Fair enough.

I got home today after 6 weeks away with the military and I've got 2 letters from a debt recovery company saying I owe them £160 which must be paid by 15 December or I'll face court action.

I realise that I missed the original payment date to Smart Parking to get my contested answer in, however I need some advice on how to deal with the debt recovery company before I simply call them and say I'm contesting the parking charge.

Comment

So did you get a reply from Smart Parking? If there was no reply or other communication within the 35 days your appeal is taken as accepted.

You should not be hearing from the debt collection company. Are they saying will or may be taking action? You could write back to the debt collection telling them that any debt is denied and they must refer the matter back to their client.

Comment

You put in an appeal and are awaiting the result ? If so email them and tell them so.

M1

Comment

So my appeal was rejected, it turns out even with the double-dip I had just overstayed my welcome in the car park; whoops.

They have replied saying that because I started my appeal 30 after the ticket was issued, I will have to go through the debt collection company, to pay £160 rather than £100. I'm away from home still so lord knows what letters they've sent to my home address now.

Is there any way I can go back to paying the £100 citing that due to my military career I was away from home when the initial parking ticket was sent. I'd like to save £60 if I could...

Comment

Either speak to them and say you'll pay £100 and see what they say or ignore them and watch the figure rise to £17035675492378549023785412 approx. before they try a reduced sum of £100 or less to see if you'll pay anything.

Option b for me, if paying at all.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X