• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

active CCJS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active CCJS

Hi I have just thought off 3 court claims thanks to you guys .
    I just have 2 active CCJS to see if i can do anything with

1 for £734 from march 2011 so will expire march 2017 from credit file
    1 for £326 from april 2010 so will expire april next year from credit file

can i try and settle these at a lower amount ?
    once settled can i ask for them to be removed
    is it worth having marked as settled as a pose to having them removed

these debts are from when i got divorced . one from a nursery , one from a old company i worked for that i owed a bit of money to for a job they did for me .

the nursery was trying to make me pay for care my kids never received . They never went to the sessions interest has been added to them too .
    I was going through a rough time and did not even know the CCJ had been issued as they sent the info to the old address . the business is not even owned by same people anymore . this is the £734 one

The other debt is for a old electrical company i worked for i hired a guy to fix a fire alarm and never settled the bill same again was going through rough break up and was not living at the address i was v ill

Not sure if there was any associated agreements in place or what not ...
    please advise as what to do .
    Tags: None

Re: active CCJS

If you settle a CCJ after if has been added to the register it would only be marked as satisfied, not removed from the file and will still be virtually as damaging to your credit file. If the judgment holders haven;t done anything towards enforcement of the CCJ then after 6 years they can't take enforcement action without the permission of the court first. With the age of them I don't think there is any point in trying to have them set-aside.

If you are looking at getting a mortgage etc then it might help your applications if you can say they are satisfied.

If you paid anything but the full amount they would only be marked as partially satisfied.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      If you paid anything but the full amount they would only be marked as partially satisfied.
      Oddly there is no mechanism to mark CCJs as partially satisfied.

Comment

Ok so there is some point in trying to pay them off then ?
        So they can be marked as satisfied if i pay off an agreed amount with the creditor .(even if they agree to a lower amount )
        would having them marked as satisfied help with loan applications ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X