• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services Rejected Appeal - have POPLA verification code - What next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services Rejected Appeal - have POPLA verification code - What next?

So 'someone' used my car and parked at a car park managed by MET and overstayed.

I rejected using a standard reply on this forum for overstayed situations, stating how they should contact the driver at the time for the charge and also how they need to prove financial loss to charge me etc.

They have rejected my appeal and sent a POPLA code - what do I do next?

Is there a standard reply/information I should back available to POPLA?

What if they reject my claim? I really don't want to end up going to court and paying multiple £100s.

Thanks,
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Services Rejected Appeal - have POPLA verification code - What next?

stating how they should contact the driver at the time for the charge
    Do you mean you told them to contact "the driver" or did you give details ?

Popla should be fine and easy enough to win but wait until after Beavis on Wednesday.

Post up the PCN suitably sanitised.

I'm off out but will be back later.

M1

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services Rejected Appeal - have POPLA verification code - What next?

Thanks for your reply.

I upload 2 images. 1 is for the original charge I got and 2 is for the appeal.

In terms of my initial response to MET - here is what I said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,
      I am NOT going to pay you any money, unless and until you can fulfill the following conditions.

1. Validation of the alleged debt (the actual accounting), not a Photostat copy.
      2. Verification of your claim against me (a sworn affidavit or a hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act (1882));
      3. A copy of any alleged contract signed by both parties and therefore binding both parties.
      4. Evidence and absolute proof that the car-park was being used by me, other than in accordance with your, or Riverside Leisure Centre, terms and conditions.
      5. Absolute proof by way of verified and signed accounts, not Photostat copies, of any actual loss to Riverside Leisure Centre
      6. A signed copy of any contract you have with Riverside Leisure Centre, showing authorisation from them for the exorbitant charges you are demanding.

Under common law, and in accordance with unfair consumer contract regulations, the cost of any penalty claimed, must reflect the damages and loss suffered by the company issuing it.
      England is a common law jurisdiction, and in accordance with Common Law, I do not have to prove anything.
      I hereby give you ten (10) days to reply to this notice from the above date with a notice sent using recorded post and signed under full commercial liability and penalties of perjury, assuring and promising me that all of the replies and details given to the above requests are true and without deception, fraud or mischief. Your said failure to provide the aforementioned documentation within ten (10) days, from the above date, to validate the debt, will constitute your agreement to the following terms:

1. That the debt did not exist in the first place;
      OR
      2. It has already been paid in full;

AND
      3. That any damages suffered, you will be held culpable;
      4. That you will not appoint an agent to act on its/your behalf in this matter and that any negative remarks made to any debt enforcement company or credit reference agency will be removed, and will be subject to £5000.00 in damages.
      5. You will no longer pursue this matter any further.
      6. You agree to pay all fee schedules.

Please Note:
      I wish to deal with this matter in writing and I do not give your organization permission to contact me by any other means. Should you do so, I must warn you that this could constitute ‘harassment' and I may take action under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S.40, which makes it a Criminal Offence for a creditor or a creditor's agent to make demands (for money), which are aimed at causing 'alarm, distress or humiliation', because of their frequency or manner..

Yours sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------

Can you please how I should appeal to POPPLA please?

Think I've only got until COB Wednesday.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Please check your popla code and see when it is valid until.

Please also stay away from the person/people from whom you got that appeal. You may have got a popla code which is what any appeal expects to get but you have probably been marked down as "idiot who'll lose". Thankfully you won't now.

M1

Comment

Deadline information
          Your appeal deadline is Thu Nov 05 2015
          You have 2 day(s) remaining for your appeal to reach POPLA

How should I go to POPLA?

Thanks

Comment

I've added you tp my to do list. It will be Thursday evening though hope you'll be around to file the appeal.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

M1

Comment

Thanks - I'll await your response. Really appreciate your response.

Assume I've got until 23:59 to file the response tomorrow........ Although I would prefer not to be up until that late :rolleyes:

Comment

Well the supreme court has ripped up points 1 & 2 but we'll leave them in see what popla say (if anything) Keeper liability should win.

norwichmusclespopla.rtf

pevmrsx.pdf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

That explains entering a popla appeal quite well.

You only get one shot so enter everything at once. You may need to convert to pdf, i'm not sure on that.

M1

Comment

I've just received a Smart Parking fine for over staying by 21 minuets, I've contacted Asda's customer service and they say I'll have to pay this. What is the best method to get this canceled? I'm in the process of senting the customer manager an email explaining the reason for the over stay. What is a POPLA code?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X