• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forthright Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forthright Finance

Has anyone had any expereinces with Forthright Finance?

Re: Forthright Finance

Not me. Whats the problem with them ?

The OFT seem to have a few issues.

The Office of Fair Trading: Forthright Finance
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I was sold a c ar as new and it was secon hand Finance agreement was with forthright Cr wasa problem Forthright sued me and car comapny as I eventually had to stop insitalments as they did nothing to recirfy ewven though I rejected car sr=taight away I lost case cos car company lied and said they told me it was second hand even though paperwork with forthright said ti was new. Legal fees of over £50k for both partied were not costed to me by judge but forthright sued me for them under the finincae agreeemnt section stating frlegal fees from time to time. This is being charged at 21% interest accruing. They took the car even though they knew I was payinmg the totoal of the finncae agreemnt off soon but dleyed it being paid by not producing a settleemtn figure as interest was accruing I had the car less then 3 years of the 5 year agreement . but had to pay the full £22k They sold car for a pittence so my evdience was removed so appeal would nt be possible Cmae in ealry hours of morning gaining access to my garghage without my knowing until taking it.

Comment

Thanks jojod

just to outline the situation then

You purchased what you believed to be a new car, and it turned out to be second hand ?
        Can you explain this a little more pls.

The car original cost was £22k ?

You rejected the car within what time period ? What were the terms of the contract regarding rejecting the car ?

You refused to pay installments to Forthright because you wanted to return the car and absolve the contract ?

Forthright sued you for the balance (which was what?)

They won in court ? - did you attend/defend etc ?

No legal fees awarded, however Forthright seperately sued you for these ? What happened with this action ?

Forthright took possession of the car (will deal with their methods later) - whilst you were paying installments under a CCJ ?

Sorry just trying to get things clear.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I keep getting timed out on my rpelies as they are quite elnghty

Comment

I dont know what terms of rejection were but I rek=jected by fax and by phone to eqch brach and cintinued to do so fronm the time I got home I collected it at 5pm on a saturday and they were closed once I had driven away I had not tst drive and iut was a salesman I had not met before I queired some points on the agreeemnt whic differed to the telpehone points given and he sadi he wpould get them altered and aamake a note he did that in part on the side margin of the finance agreeemtn I had not seen the car ebfore and I had been waiting ro more thn three wekks and had only seen an older version aawhihc I told them I did not wqnt the manger had brought that to my house after selling a car that i had placed a depasiot on to someone else ..that was a different make. He phoned me after and said he could get me a new one I ended up waiting three wekks and as my own part exchange car was not driveable they lent me part e3ccahnage old vauixhall until mine was there

Comment

The slaes maen denied lending me the vauxhall car in copurt. Mine was to arrive but the manager said that his slaeman had had an accisent in his and was delayed getting to collect it I told hi not to give me that one and he said he would not. I kept telphoning to reject the car and one senior slaeman told me that they would charge me£400 per week storage if i brought the car back and would make trouble for me.
              Trading standards told me to approach the finiance company I doid this but they were no real help they sent a heavy to my house to get the car as I went behind on a couple opf payments as a rsult of the car being difiuclt I paid him up as he promised to get the matter sorted All thsat happened was that I was offered £250 compensation Ths was not aceeptable and so they continued to sue me brining oin the car co as part 20 defendants.

Comment

tHE WHOLE 5 YEAR AGREEEMTN WAD FOR £22K WHIC AMOUNTED TO 12K FOR THE CAR AND INTEREST AT 21% . oNE YOU HAVE DEFAUTED APPARENTLY YOU ARE LIABLE FOR THE LOT EVEN IF YOU HAVE ONLY HAD THE CAR A SHORT TIME. i WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT ANY OF THIS AND WHEN i SIGNED i WAS TOLD THE FINANCE AGREEEMTNWAS A STANDARD ONE i WAS NOT TOLD OF ANY COLLING PERIOD OR REJECTION TIME OR ANYTING ONLY THAT EVERYHNINTG WOULD BE SORTED OUT TO MY SATISFACTION

Comment

i WAS IN COURT ALONE mY SOLICITOR WAS VERY PASSIVE AND intimidated The Barister was a different one as mine had gone off to be a misssioinary somewhere and he also seemed intimidated by the two formidable lady barristers for the car co and fininace co Both sides and witnesses spent the whole four days of the heqaring in court offfices all day together whule I had to stay in the waiting area even though unwell and without any diuscussiioon My solciotr said he was not allowed to dioscusss the case one it had started I was foirst to be cross eaamined so could not add anything and my representaives ignored all my notes My solcitor was not there on one day and his repaclenemt did not even speak to me at all The judge was very scathing towards me He spanned it out over four days of a two week periosd as he was leaving and had been over booked as well. Legal fees and court costs accruing. My legal teram told me that if things went against me I wpould be protected against the other sides costs as I wa legally adied This turned out to be incorrect
                  the judge was a[ptromnising and intimidating I was not told that the joint prof engineer witness would not be in court but in fact he was not He had stated that no knowledge of cars shoudl be expected when one buys a car but the judge disagreed and rambled on that I shpould know about the complater wokings of a car etc even in the company technicinas done tknow

Comment

Judge said it did not matter if papaerwork said new and car was not new Slaesman lied and said they had told me it was second hand.

Judge did not place legal cost to me but apparently they told him in the court that they could take via finace agreeemt My barrister did not do anything about it. I was too ill to attend on the summing up day and had been told that I need not attend.

Forthright finance solcitor knew I was taking out further fincae to sort out the 22k for the car agreeemtn He delayed and even refused to add costs to their bill by supplying a balance to clear that debt The new finincae comapany had to fight him to get it That took three months or so. In the meantime he sent a couple of private bailffs to take the car..They had no id and gabve me a false number to contact them. They told me they were from Birningham but later said a different closer town.
                    they sold the car at auction for 4k

Comment

Bear in mind that interest of 21% is acrruing all the time Forthright took me to court for the legal costs of the part20 defendants and their costs too, I had seen strange biody anguage amonst the car comapny group and on a gut insitcnt telephoned their solcitor and asked if she was a family member She waould not tell me so I said I ssumed she was I later enquired to my own solicitor and he said she was Hs=ad I known this I would never have trusted them at all in the first place

Comment

Okay thankyou jojod I think that will help a lot.

I'm going to ask a couple peeps with more experience in these areas to take a look at your thread so bear with us .
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I had no argument over the part 20 legal costs Thir family member charged about 30k for 3 months work ... even firthright had not charged that mush for eighteen months work so she was effectively making money out of their dishomesty I later found by researching that the car comapnmy had opther cases she had defended and aslo had offered to one man to alter papaerwork for a warrantly after the car was sold he refused so they paid him out Tradu=ing standards apparetly intervened then as well.

My solicitor told me the judge wopuld be sympathetic and that there was a humane ele,emtn to all the costs This was in reality not the case and the judge simply agreed to everyintg the car company put forward I appaled and was allowed to have part assessed by the court but only about 25% of it and they pushed their way through that as well I was fyurther intimadted in the court becuase I was not with anyone and there wwre the=ree other junior judges watching and and learnig n and I was in fact spoken at rather than assisted. I still dont fully understand all the workings or what they duid. I only know they have placed three charges onb my home and I am also still paying interest =on the repalcement car loan as well Their solcitor told me that by the time he would finish mwiuth me I would have been able to buy a bentley with the money they would take,

Comment

They recently had my house valued by one of their men to repsosess and they have valued it at about one third its value I knw this is their way of being allowed to seel it for nothign

Comment

I was making paytments on the car as I wanted to keep the evidence VOSA was litle help and told me I would be at fault if I was driving a car that was not perecrly in order The manufacuere was no help but kept referring me to the delarships who did not care would say they had fixed something and then ignore it and consider me a problem even though they discovered that the engine had no bolts and they told me the engine could have fallen out on the mnotrtoway . and the radiator leaked so badly it had to be repalced and the windows froze up ad I was driving and on years of investigation I now believe that there was a faulty air conditioning su=ystem whic in fat the fukes I noted to the slaemans when i collected the car and he told me it was just the new smell I beleive that these fumes could in fact have been a danger to health as well.The car was my evdiende and the car comapnay took it so that I would not be able to appeal or have the evidence any mnore

I wanted to appeal but my solcitor did not know how to fo about it He did nt tell me to check the interenet I asked for the court bundle and I aslso placed some queoires to him whihc he rebuiffed I aslo asked why I had been showna documant in the court and corrss examined on it when I had not ben shown it in the court bubdle papers before , he said he diud nt make up the court bubdle I had to appeal in seven days and I asked for the bubdle to effect that The barriser sent the bubdle to the solcitos office against my request and thiswa sfurther away for me to coolect having no car and bring ill He made noa ttempt to get it to me I collected it but had no help to put it together I sent in the file to London but they d=said it was not corectly pagentated and that I would have to some to the court inb London for help with that I was unwell so that option wa no open to me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X