• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retention of card details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retention of card details

Following on altercation with a holiday company they made an offer for a refund (about to be rejected) and yesterday offered to repay the refund to the debit card I paid the bill with.

The bill was paid in advance in July of this year, with nothing more to pay, and it looks as though the company are keeping details of my card despite not having, to my mind, any good reason. Any comments about this by the experts before I lash out at them? Would be nice to have a go at this cocky upstart in customer disservice.
    Tags: None

Re: Retention of card details

I think you will find that although the merchant doesn't retain the details he will be able to access the transaction details on line.
    These details will not include card details, but if the account is settled, it will have a refund button.
    He completes the refund details, click and hey presto your refund is on its way.

Comment

The message gave the last 4 digits of the card. Perhaps this is the only identifier

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        The message gave the last 4 digits of the card. Perhaps this is the only identifier
        The last 4 digits and is all that's needed.

I have various on line accounts which at inception i.e. first order the retailers system a records the card type and last 4 digits,
        on paying the subsequent orders the site ask use card *************1234 or a different card the 3 digit security code is still needed
        to complete the payment.

nem

Comment

That's ok if the site asks if they can keep the card details, I have a few of those type accounts. This was not an account, just a final payment for the holiday.

Comment

Ongoing. The response (from Customer Service) was that they were not responsible for the data any more, it was now with Sage Pay. I have written to them again pointing out that the data was given to them and they are responsible for its safe keeping and requested that details be removed. Will I get a response? Probably not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X