• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved court document N24 with errors on , how can i correct this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved court document N24 with errors on , how can i correct this?

Hi anyone who can help.!!!
    I today received court form N24 "General form of judgement order"
    I am employed at a comany in sales, the company has been taken to small claims court & lost ( didnt show up as wasnt aware of a court date)
    The company details are wrong slightly but my full name & the works address are on the court form. I was the sales person whom the customer purchased from but i am just an employee.
    How do i get this corrected or my name removed??
    Thanks in advance

David
    Tags: None

Re: Recieved court document N24 with errors on , how can i correct this?

You will need to apply to the court to have the judgment set aside and have the claimant amend the claim to be against the correct person. Give the court a call and tell them what's happened and they will send out the forms. You will need to do it asap to prevent any enforcement action being taken by the claimant against you.

Have you spoken with your company about this ? Did they receive the claim form ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by dave1265 View Post
      Hi anyone who can help.!!!
      I today received court form N24 "General form of judgement order"
      I am employed at a comany in sales, the company has been taken to small claims court & lost ( didnt show up as wasnt aware of a court date)
      The company details are wrong slightly but my full name & the works address are on the court form. I was the sales person whom the customer purchased from but i am just an employee.
      How do i get this corrected or my name removed??
      Thanks in advance

David
      Thank you ever so much for your prompt reply, Appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your prompt reply, appreciated.

Comment

Hi yes the Company did know of proceedings being brought but opted for some form of arbitration online but then on not hearing anything for a few weeks the Judgement arrived through the post.
        I have rang the court this morning & they have advised me to seek legal advice from a solicitor in order to help this matter further, also, as im sure your aware a fee for setting aside is £155, so I have to possibly pay this for a court error.

Comment

If its the Company Debt they can pay a Solicitor and Court fees Or is there a reason they will not?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            If its the Company Debt they can pay a Solicitor and Court fees Or is there a reason they will not?
            The company who I worked for ( now dissolved prior to court action) are still resisting the debt but they are paying my legal costs with a solicitor to hopefully have my name removed from it, the company name is also slightly wrong as the original court forms where addressed to the company then with "Ltd" at the end of its title but on the judgement they have omitted the Limited from the company & put my name trading as, which is legally wrong as I worked for a Limited company as an employee.

As I was the salesperson who sold an item that the customer was unhappy about they chose to aim the litigation at me.

Comment

How can a dissolved company pay?
              It must be a former Director

Comment

Very quick and easy to deal with, especially if you have a solicitor retained.

Complete N244 Application w/ payment of £155.00 to set-aside judgment, with a witness statement and copy of a defence to the claim in that there is no locus standi for the claimant to sue you. I'd be inclined to simply request a summary judgment hearing to dispose of it all together and deal with that in your witness statement too! 2 hours work I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_1207 View Post
                  Very quick and easy to deal with, especially if you have a solicitor retained.

Complete N244 Application w/ payment of £155.00 to set-aside judgment, with a witness statement and copy of a defence to the claim in that there is no locus standi for the claimant to sue you. I'd be inclined to simply request a summary judgment hearing to dispose of it all together and deal with that in your witness statement too! 2 hours work I'd guess.
                  Thank you, this is in-line with what our solicitor has now advised.

Appreciate you time on this, thank you.:XD:

Comment

just as a goodwill gesture from a past director who wants it clearing up from my name, so apologies, it is not the wound down company, just a former associate.

Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X