• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court order for old documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court order for old documents

Hi,
    can court order for documents, like mortgage application dating to 2003 which not possible to find?
    Tags: None

Re: Court order for old documents

Originally posted by seroj View Post
    Hi,
    can court order for documents, like mortgage application dating to 2003 which not possible to find?
    A mortgage provider should be able to produce documents from 2003 along with all other documents relating
    to the mortgage.
    No reason why a judge cannot order them to be disclosed.

nem

Comment

Thanks, but court has asked me to provide, and 30th of October is the final day, but I do not have those information with me any more.
      seroj

Comment

Thanks, but court has asked me to provide, and 30th of October is the final day, but I do not have those information with me any more.
        seroj
        You will have to explain to the court that the documents are not in your possession. It's is likely that
        the mortgage provider could produce copies but a Subject Access Request under the provisions of the
        Data Protection Act 1998 would be needed, this though has a 40 day timescale.

May I ask why the judge wants an application form from 2003?
        nem

Comment

My brothers wife has filled divorce and she is after money which my brother hasn't got it. They were married on 2000. In 1996 I bought a house in his name so he could look after my parents and disable sister in that house. Though he was the legal owner of the house but I paid for it.
          being my asset, I remortgage that in 2003 using his name again. Wife's solicitor not having much to fight with they try to dig everything. They know the remortgage has taken place in 2003 but not sure what they want to gain by having all the paperwork which non of us hold any more. Tomorrow is the final day to hand over the papers which we still do not have it.

Comment

Hmmmm...be careful.

By putting the property in your brothers name, you could be at risk of that property being deemed his asset. Why did you do it this way?

There was a High Court case a few years ago when a husband put his family home entirely in his wife's name for tax purposes. After he did this, he decided to start sleeping with the children nanny....
            When wife found out, she divorced him and got the entire house because he had chosen to put it in her name.

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed137
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

My brothers wife has filled divorce and she is after money which my brother hasn't got it. They were married on 2000. In 1996 I bought a house in his name so he could look after my parents and disable sister in that house. Though he was the legal owner of the house but I paid for it.
              being my asset, I remortgage that in 2003 using his name again. Wife's solicitor not having much to fight with they try to dig everything. They know the remortgage has taken place in 2003 but not sure what they want to gain by having all the paperwork which non of us hold any more. Tomorrow is the final day to hand over the papers which we still do not have it.
              You need to contact the court asap stating you are unable to locate the documents required, suggest that you will make a SAR to attempt to obtain the documents.
              You don't want the judge finding you in contempt.

I guess the solicitor is looking for "disposable " assets. Who now resides in the property?

nem

Comment

The remortgage is in yours or your brothers name if its still Mortgaged it would show on the record,

taking a quick glance of the first post this could look dodgy without some more info maybe that's why the Judge is asking for paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  You need to contact the court asap stating you are unable to locate the documents required, suggest that you will make a SAR to attempt to obtain the documents.
                  You don't want the judge finding you in contempt.

I guess the solicitor is looking for "disposable " assets. Who now resides in the property?

nem
                  My mom and sister, since 1996

Comment

Not having a clue on a mortgage application as never been able to afford the deposit

How can you take out a mortgage secured on a property and registered with the land registry in your name, then transfer those deeds which the mortgage company hold into anothers name?

That seems to me to be a bit of a scam in trying to dispose of the property for financial gain at the expense of the mortgage company

That is the way i see it anyway and i am making no accusations, just an educated opinion
                    Last edited by judgemental24; 29th October 2015, 14:13:PM.

Comment

My mom and sister, since 1996
                      Seroj
                      Who pays the mortgage?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        Seroj
                        Who pays the mortgage?

nem
                        Thanks from all. Finally after 12 hours of search I managed to find requested documents.
                        i do agree with those who might think it's dodgy as they have not got the full picture, but I am 60 years old, I worked hard from age of 14 and I had the right to buy anything with anybody,s name not knowing a monster would come to live with us and try to capitalise from my generosity.

Comment

Thanks from all. Finally after 12 hours of search I managed to find requested documents.
                          i do agree with those who might think it's dodgy as they have not got the full picture, but I am 60 years old, I worked hard from age of 14 and I had the right to buy anything with anybody,s name not knowing a monster would come to live with us and try to capitalise from my generosity.
                          I'm pleased for you Seroj, personally I can't see anything " dodgy" let's hope this get cleared up quickly.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X