• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court claim form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Hi and thank you for spending you free time to look at this post aswell as possibly giving me some much needed advise!

To start I would like to say I have spent about a week going threw the forums before making a thread so please don't think for a second I'm just being lazy.

The Story:

I received a county court claim form from Lowell / Bryan Carter on the 15/10/2015 with the issue date of 14/10/2015 later that night I went online and acknowledged the intended claim. I have not entered a defence as of yet.

Now where I require some help is as following I have used a third party company to send letters for me in which Lowell get a copy, bryan gets a copy and I send myself a copy.

I have sent off today a cpr and a caa letter and they are as of following:

Leham
    Line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3
    24/10/2015

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd
    Ellington house
    9 Savannah house
    ls10 1ab

To whom it may concern,
    Claim Number: xxxxxxx
    Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14
    On 15/10/2015 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.
    To enable me to file my defense and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defense on 09/11/2015.

1. Agreement / Contact
    2. Default Notice
    3. Assignment
    4. Formal Demand

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.
    You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect..
    You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.
    If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defense as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Yours sincerely

Leham

And

To whom it my concern:

Account/Ref No: Shop Direct xxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I/we would be grateful if you would send me/us a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [sections 77-79], I am/we are entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request.

I/we enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I/we understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I/we understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Leham

So are these the correct things to have of sent and do I just go online and enter full defense with this following statement

The Defendant denies that he is liable to the Claimant as alleged in the Particulars of Claim, or at all.

The Defendant has not entered into any agreement to receive finance and/or services and/or goods from Shop Direct, or any of it's subsidiaries, and as such has not received any finance and/or services and/or goods from Shop Direct and does know of any debt owed to Shop Direct.

The Defendant has sent the Claimant a request for documents mentioned in the statement of case under CPR 31.14, and has requested a copy of the alleged credit agreement as allowed for under the Consumer Credit Act but to date has received nothing.

The Defendant puts the Claimants to strict proof of their claim.

Thank you for any help and I hope this helps others!

Tags: None

Re: County Court claim form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about using a third party company ? but essentially yes, you have acknowledged the claim with intent to defend in full, sent a CPR request to BC and a CCA request with a £1 to Lowell. Not sure about that as your defence at the moment though without knowing a bit more about your case - plus you have sent a CCA request but haven;'t mentioned it in your defence, and it is much stronger than the CPR request, defence wise.

Defence will be due in before about 14th November.

Also - is this true? ie. have you never had a Shop Direct catalogue account ?
    The Defendant has not entered into any agreement to receive finance and/or services and/or goods from Shop Direct, or any of it's subsidiaries, and as such has not received any finance and/or services and/or goods from Shop Direct and does know of any debt owed to Shop Direct.
    ( presumably you mean does not know of any debt owed to Shop Direct)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ive used a company that prints and sends letters its called documail, I have never had a catalog so I assumed that was the defense to submit, it is also not listed on my Experian profile so I have no idea.

but apart from that the two letters are correct ?

Comment

Okay, well if you have never had a catalogue then yes that should of course go in the defence. I would use the actual references of the CCA in there as well, if you want to have a look http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims that will give you a bit more on the wording front for the CCA request. Judges don't necessarily know what the consequences of a creditor not responding to a CCA request is so you need to tell them.

The letters are fine, I haven't seen the particulars of claim, but the CPR request should only ask for documents mentioned in the statement of case ( on the claim form).

How did you enclose the £1 if you used a third party to send the letters?

( oh and you should wait for a bit, 7 days preferably to get a reply to your requests - you do have a couple weeks left before your defence is due )

You will probably get a letter from BC saying the CPR doesn't apply and possibly from Lowell saying they are waiting for documents and they don't know why you need them as you had them when you opened the account etc etc. Normal stuff.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

( if you didn't send the £1 - then you do need to resend the CCA request to Lowell with the £1 )
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

The CCA is actually coming to me alone in which I will scan and send recorded I just wanted an official paper trail from a third party is all.

So I send the CCA to Lowell with the £1 aswell as a copy to there solicitor (i.e them again) and then wait for there standard reply as stated and go from there ?

Also I have viewed your link on defense, do I not just do this all online or do I have to send a copy in writing to the court ?

Comment

You can do it online via Moneyclaim online where you did your acknowledgement of service if you want to have a go expanding your defence a bit with the CCA stuff post it up here.

You need to put the defence in before the deadline, but putting it in before you send the CCA letter would mean you can't include it in the defence, so hang fire for at least 7 days after you send it ( 12 would be better - but keep an eye on the date )

Let us know if you hear back from either Lowell or BC.

CCA only needs to go to Lowell ( as they are the creditor )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

sorry for the late reply, today of days I have cent the CCA letter aswell as the £1.00 PO which cost £1.50 lol, so hopefully that will get there in time, I need to file my defence online by the 11th of November correct ? I will have another go at it and post it on here and see what you think.

thanks for the help so far!

Comment

Yep that sounds about right xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

hey! so I have received a reply from bryan carter solicitors LLP and it is as following:

We write to further to your recent letter, requesting disclosure pursuant to part 31.14 of the civil procedure rules.

We confirm this matter will most probably be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefor not apply

In any event the notices o default and assignment left the control of the claimant when they were dispatched to you

it is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreement and, in this regard, we ask you to refer to your own records.

We confirm our client is not agreeable to an extension for filling your defence

we recommend you seek independent legal advice

yous sincerely

us robbing B's

any way any advise on what is being said would be much appreciated, I have sent the CCA letter yesterday 1st class recorded so am hoping on a reply soonish.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X