• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not car but caravan hire purchase agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not car but caravan hire purchase agreement

Hi, hope someone can help, I have an hire purchase agreement with black horse I have paid religously since August 2010 on a caravan, however due to ill health I can no longer tow it so it is just sat there and I am considering doing a VT , it was over 10 years the agreement so I have paid over 5 years on it so am I correct in thinking this is the 50 % point ? If that is correct then should I send them a letter to state my intention and not have anymore to pay ?
    Last edited by Dilster; 23rd October 2015, 22:02:PM. Reason: Mistake
    Tags: None

Re: Not car but caravan hire purchase agreement

Hi Dilster, it is 50% of the total payable amount not the number of years. You should normally see on your agreement how much you need to pay before you can voluntarily terminate your agreement.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hi Dilster, it is 50% of the total payable amount not the number of years. You should normally see on your agreement how much you need to pay before you can voluntarily terminate your agreement.
      Thanks for the reply, new to all this really, I have always just paid things off, here goes

my opening balance was 15012.18
      i have paid over 5 years 12,219 60
      last statement in August 15 was balance at 12364.60
      interest at 11.6%

to me that is surely 50% or am I wrong ?

Comment

What was the total payable amount on your agreement? divide that by half and if you've met this amount then you can voluntary terminate the agreement. As I said to be exact and precise it should be stated on your agreement usually on the front.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I have met my payment plus some and have sent a letter to black horse terminating the agreement some weeks ago but have had no reply..how long is acceptable to wait ? I sent another today asking why and sent it signed for so i know they have it..what should i do now ? Should i keep paying as normal until they do ?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi Dilster sorry this must have been missed.

If you have proof that they have signed for it and you've kept the receipt then I can't see any reason why might want to keep paying them - that's just money going down the drain and you are unlikely to get it back.

All that is required from you is to give notice of termination, you've done that and irrespective of when Blackhorse choose to get round to dealing with it, that does not affect the agreement being terminated. Provided you told them it was terminated immediate or by a certain date and that date has now passed. You are under no further obligation to keep up with payments.

What I might suggest is that you send by email and post, a letter like below. i would have some incline that they might contact you much quicker in that case, if they don't they would be stupid not to. You will need to adapt it to suit your situation.

NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SELL GOODS UNDER THE TORTS (INTERFERENCE WITH GOODS) ACT 1977

Dear Sir or Madam,

Agreement number:
              Vehicle Registration:

I writing in in relation with the above matter and in connection with giving notice to voluntarily terminate my hire purchase agreement. Your vehicle is currently parked on my drive and despite a number of requests to arrange collection, you have so far refused to do anything about it. Your vehicle is no longer authorised to remain on my property and continued refusal to remove it will constitute a trespass. In particular, following my notice to terminate the agreement, a reasonable time was given time to collect the vehicle yet regrettably, this appears to have been ignored.

In accordance with section 12 of the above Act, this letter is intended to give notice that unless the vehicle is collected by [14 DAYS FROM DATE OF LETTER] 2017, the vehicle will be deemed as abandoned and arrangements shall be made for it to be sold at the nearest auction and, I will not be liable for any losses suffered by you as a result of the vehicle being sold. I am lawfully entitled to deduct any costs associated with the sale of the vehicle including storage costs, in which case, a charge of £10 per day shall be levied (beginning on the day after the date of this letter) until the vehicle is removed and sold. Once the vehicle has been sold, I will contact you further to arrange for the remaining proceeds to be transferred to a bank account of your choosing.

The vehicle is available for collection from my address at the head of this letter and I would suggest that you contact me on [NUMBER] to arrange a suitable time.

I look forward to hearing from you by [DATE].
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Here's a slightly updated version which might sound better to use. The words in brackets are optional and/or require further input from you.

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SELL GOODS UNDER THE TORTS (INTERFERENCE WITH GOODS) ACT 1977

Agreement number: [INSERT REFERENCE]
                Vehicle Registration: [REGISTRATION NUMBER]

I am writing to you in relation to the above matter. Following my notice of termination of the [hire-purchase agreement] and despite repeated requests to arrange collection of the above-named vehicle, I have received no response or acknowledgement.

The purpose of this letter is to put you on notice that in accordance with section 12 of the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977, unless you collect the vehicle by [14 DAYS FROM DATE OF LETTER], I will consider the vehicle as abandoned to which arrangements will be made for it to be sold at the nearest auction. I am lawfully entitled to deduct any associated costs in the sale of the vehicle including but not limited to, storage costs, auction fees, insurance and tax coverage etc. Furthermore, I cannot be held liable for any losses suffered as a result of the vehicle’s sale. Once the vehicle has been sold, I will contact you further to arrange for the remaining proceeds to be transferred to a bank account of your choosing.

[Notwithstanding the above, your vehicle is currently parked on my driveway and is causing an obstruction for other vehicles, particularly as I have now purchased a newer vehicle. The vehicle is no longer authorised to remain on my property and continued refusal to remove it will constitute a trespass to land. Accordingly, a reasonable charge of £10.00 per day shall be levied (beginning on the day following the date of this letter) until the vehicle is removed.]

The vehicle is available for collection from my address at the head of this letter and I would suggest that you contact me on [NUMBER] to arrange a suitable time.

I look forward to hearing from you by [DATE].

Sincerely,

[YOUR NAME]
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                  I will cancel my direct debit and send a draft of that letter..maybe they will respond then !

Comment

I would alter the number plate part of the letter to the chassis number which you will find the ID plate which is usually by the door.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X