• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online divorce solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online divorce solicitors

Hi I'm new to this site. I've quitems a complicated case. I'm about to start divorce proceedings. Have looked at doing it myself but feel I'd like solicitors involved but don't want to spend loads. I've seen an online divorce website that is solicitors for a flat rate. About £599 plus the court fee costs as well. Does anyone have experience or advice on this please?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Online divorce solicitors

Hi there.

Most solicitors firms will offer fixed fees for divorces nowadays. £599 plus court costs is 'reasonable' for the petitioner. However, be aware that this will only cover the basic paperwork and form filling as well as support and advice as the case progresses. A fixed fee price usually reflects on a straight forward no contest divorce where both parties fundamentally agree what will happen to finances, house and children.

If your divorce gets complex and mud starts being slung, you could be looking at extra costs associated with extra letters and so on. Some divorce lawyers take their clients' instruction as an open invite to fire off letters to their ex's solicitor, so you must be very firm with your solicitor about how such extra work is handled.

Good luck xx
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Online divorce solicitors

Court fees would be £410 at the moment. Possibly a further £45 later on for the decree absolute.

Fixed fee divorces range from £150 to £800+ excluding court fees. Also double check whether the quote you have had is inclusive of VAT ( as that adds another 20% on the legal fees if not ). And check what services are offered - some will just provide you with the form to complete and submit yourself, and others will run the entire process for you. At £599 + vat and court fees I'd expect it to include doing all the work for you. Your total overall would be in the region of £1100.

Check out the firms reviews too ( trustpilot is better than just 'testimonials' on the firms own website) .

As Celestine said, a straightforward divorce, where you both agree and there's no major issues with finances, children and assets, is suitable for fixed fee. Many firms also offer a fixed fee or free first appointment which could be very useful if you aren't sure if a fixed fee divorce is suitable for your circumstances.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X