• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

So originial poc (claimant CF UK) says

Assigned to the claimant on ...

Amended poc (claimant CF Europe (or what ever))

So we have 2 sets of POCs furnished with a statement of truth both claiming the assignment was to the claimant yet the claimant is 2 different firms ?

That's a bit of a problem i'd say.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      So originial poc (claimant CF UK) says

Amended poc (claimant CF Europe (or what ever))

So we have 2 sets of POCs furnished with a statement of truth both claiming the assignment was to the claimant yet the claimant is 2 different firms ?

That's a bit of a problem i'd say.

M1
      There's another variation now " the account was assigned to /purchased by the Cabot Group on....................

nem

Comment

If the assignee is not the claimant they're in a bit of bother.

M1

Comment

Surely if they can not show that the account was sold to 'the cabot group' they are stuffed .

Incidentally I was looking at my online backups yesterday so will have to check but it appears that the accounts were sold to Cabot Financial (europe) ltd , at least mine were . These were in 2012 and have both been acknowledged as UE due to no agreement .

I suspect that they will discontinue some of these claims correct the paperwork and then possibly try to recommence proceedings at a later date in the hope that the hapless victim will not challenge it .

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
            Surely if they can not show that the account was sold to 'the cabot group' they are stuffed .
            That won't help unless 'the cabot group' are also the claimant.

M1

Comment

Incidentally I was looking at my online backups yesterday so will have to check but it appears that the accounts were sold to Cabot Financial (europe) ltd , at least mine were . These were in 2012 and have both been acknowledged as UE due to no agreement .

I suspect that they will discontinue some of these claims correct the paperwork and then possibly try to recommence proceedings at a later date in the hope that the hapless victim will not challenge it .
              CF Europe Ltd is an Authorised company.

As far as I can see any company or group of companies can shift its assets around the group.

Comment

Of course a quick search of the fca register shows no results for "the cabot group" either.

M1

Comment

I think all of these entities move the assets around depending on what suits them. Doubt if its legal but nobody seems bothered, they have probably re-financed the same assets in the different entities and people are aware of it but again nobody seems bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                    I think all of these entities move the assets around depending on what suits them. Doubt if its legal but nobody seems bothered, they have probably re-financed the same assets in the different entities and people are aware of it but again nobody seems bothered.

That's all very well if they're licensed and own the debt and are the claimant. If they aren't licensed then game over. If they own it but are not the claimant, game over. If they are licensed but not the claimant, game over.

Not sure why this is becoming so complicated to be honest.

Are they licensed ?

NO - unenforceable and criminal s39 & 40 CCA.

Yes :-

Are the claimants the correct company ? (do they own it)

No, no locus standi.

Yes, proceed like any other case.

I think i might ignore anything else now. If people want to use it fine. If not they're daft.

M1

Comment

• Re: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Hope you don't ignore [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

The whole thing is very interesting

I want to see Cabot get spanked , I think your comments are very insightful

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                        That's all very well if they're licensed and own the debt and are the claimant. If they aren't licensed then game over. If they own it but are not the claimant, game over. If they are licensed but not the claimant, game over.

Not sure why this is becoming so complicated to be honest.

Are they licensed ?

NO - unenforceable and criminal s39 & 40 CCA.

Yes :-

Are the claimants the correct company ? (do they own it)

No, no locus standi.

Yes, proceed like any other case.

I think i might ignore anything else now. If people want to use it fine. If not they're daft.

M1
                        No one especially me is ignoring this there is a suspicion that the is an irregularity which may allegedly be an illegality but is not confirmed my
                        only reservation is that this should not be included in every defence to a Cabot claim.

nem

Comment

No offence intended just seen to many things like this go before the courts with a LIP and be totally ignored so I would like somebody make the case stick. We are all aware that the FCA aren't interested or have differing interests yet I read a lot of these rules the same way you are interpreting them but it falling on deaf ears. That's where the importance of people like PT plays out because the courts will listen more to the legal profession than they will a LIP.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                            No offence intended just seen to many things like this go before the courts with a LIP and be totally ignored so I would like somebody make the case stick. We are all aware that the FCA aren't interested or have differing interests yet I read a lot of these rules the same way you are interpreting them but it falling on deaf ears. That's where the importance of people like PT plays out because the courts will listen more to the legal profession than they will a LIP.
                            The FCA has in fact been very helpful and I have an ongoing inquiry/report on the conduct of Cabot in hand!
                            The alleged illegality has to be tested, the FCA is not authorised to give legal advice or to disclose what actions
                            it has taken or proposes to take.

A good example of how the old OFT and the FCA can and does react to consumer reports is the entry on the
                            the CC Register for Motormile Finance.
                            I was actively involved in making a " mass " report on this company's conduct it's worth a read.

nem

Comment

The alleged illegality has to be tested, the FCA is not authorised to give legal advice or to disclose what actions
                              it has taken or proposes to take.
                              They can answer the question of licensing. The fact that not having it makes certain actions illegal is neither here nor there as far as asking the fca to state whether a company is licensed or not. If the FCA cannot say if they have a license yet the website says they don't who has won the argument on the balance of probability ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                                my
                                only reservation is that this should not be included in every defence to a Cabot claim.

nem
                                Why would you not put the claimant to proof of something doubtful, particularly when it can be a win ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X