• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Returning a faulty pair of trainers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Returning a faulty pair of trainers

Thanks for your comments.

I have quoted all the usual sale of goods act...not fit for purpose etc.

What they are basically saying in a nutshell is that the trainers have had "fair usage" and that the wrong size was bought. Which is laughable.

My argument is my daughter had these same trainers **** Air Thea in a 7 in pink the year before and they lasted 12months.
    So same kid....same usage. .same feet same size.??? How can 8 weeks be acceptable?

Going off their calculations then that's 6 pairs a year I should purchase for same daughter £80x6 = £480 and I have 3 children. So nearly £1,500 for trainers
    (Obvs this would never happen as a) I couldn't afford it and b) I buy basic trainers anything as expensive as £80 is bought out of birthday/Xmas monies.

I am smelling a rat here with footlocker the amount of people that have told me similar stories as mine. These trainers are very poor quality so where are they getting them all from????

As always thanks for your replies. Will keep you all posted x

Comment

[MENTION=73513]paisey[/MENTION] many thanks for posting your experience. Similar story..shoddy quality and yours was only 3 weeks!

I certainly won't be writing this off its more the principal. Also daughter is now trainer less (as obvs never been worn since in case they need to be posted off) and it was her own money so really feel for her (she's only 16)

How many kids have been ripped off by footlocker though surely they can't get away with it?? X

Comment

If you get as far as court remember that if YOU sue YOU and NOT your daughter is the one who purchased the shoes.

Comment

Hy
          I do know how you feel they should not be allowed to get away with it but ive got so much going on at the moment. I do think you are right about where are they getting there trainers from as my daughter also has the same trainers as my son but biught hers from Office and they are still perfect after a year.
          Hope you sort it soon.

Comment

I just wondered if you have a description of the trainers or can get one, by this I mean a quote like ' you wont get a better pair of trainers' or similar sales pitch? by the manufacturer. I know an expert opinion helped in my case as to prove an inherent fault, I think in a situation like this the manufacturer should be informed inferior goods are being sold and faults not rectified as laid down in law and how this could seriously damage their reputation. I know this is not down to the manufacturer to be rectified but they should be informed of the situation

Comment

It makes no sense to threaten something you know cannot be enforced - CRA 2015 applied only to contracts entered into on or after 1 October 2015. That's why I'm suggesting OP uses it - because that's good law, CRA 2015 isn't....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              I just wondered if you have a description of the trainers or can get one, by this I mean a quote like ' you wont get a better pair of trainers' or similar sales pitch? by the manufacturer. I know an expert opinion helped in my case as to prove an inherent fault, I think in a situation like this the manufacturer should be informed inferior goods are being sold and faults not rectified as laid down in law and how this could seriously damage their reputation. I know this is not down to the manufacturer to be rectified but they should be informed of the situation

Statements like that mean nothing - they're mere sales puff and carry no weight in law.

Comment

Agree with Dan
                Why threaten with something that will fail. They will know that and will resist you even harder.

But in support of enaid's suggestion there is more than one way to skin a cat. Manufacturers could be very interested and might well step in to sort the matter.......... and even if it doesn't work nothing has been lost. Try all avenues I say!

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Yes trainers were purchased early July. I wondered myself whether **** would be interested. Maybe they can answer why one pair can last a year and the other same identical pair same size. Grey instead of Pink just 8 weeks.

I'm working all weekend but if I get 5mins will be finding an address for ****. As you say more than one way to skin a cat

X

Comment

Originally Posted by enaid

Statements like that mean nothing - they're mere sales puff and carry no weight in law.

I appreciate that, but I think in this case **** should be informed even if they do not offer a solution, if people stop buying **** brand they have a right to know why.
                    I firmly believe if any complaint is brought to attention and settled in a positive way then the customer will return, as opposed to the dreaded words for any business imho ' I wont be going there/buying that ever again'.

Comment

Message back from Footlocker EU on twitter

''@LegalBeagles Hi, please ask the customer to email shopsupport-GB@footlocker.eu with photos of the soles, uppers, damaged area and receipt.''
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X