• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN questions from parking appeal newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN questions from parking appeal newbie

Hi, I’m new to this forum and also to the world of parking charges!
    I am thinking of making an appeal to ParkingEye and if the appeal is refused, to POPLA, after receiving a PCN based on ANPR photos.
    The charge is for £100, reducing to £60 if I decide to pay within 14 days.

Just a few questions, if anyone may be able to help :
    1) If my appeal to Parkingeye is rejected and I decide to pay it, will the charge stay at £100 and how long would I be given to pay it?
    2) If my appeal to Parkingeye is rejected and I decide to appeal further to POPLA and it’s rejected, will the charge stay at £100 and how long would I be given to pay it?
    3) For a POPLA appeal, would I have to travel to a hearing with an adjudicator, or is the decision automatically sent to me or available to me via the internet?
    4) If I have to travel to a POPLA hearing does anyone know where the nearest centre to Birmingham is?

Thanks in advance, folks, for any answers to these newbie questions!
    Tags: None

Re: PCN questions from parking appeal newbie

1. They usually give an extra 14 days at the discounted rate.
    2. Yes, unless/until court papers are issued.
    3. Popla is paper only and internet submissions are the way, although you can send by post too.

M1

Comment

Re: PCN questions from parking appeal newbie

Thank you, M1 for your speedy answers, it's helped a lot.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X