• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Mistaken Identity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Mistaken Identity

Hello everyone ..
    I am in a case of mistaken identity. I received a notice from a bailiff about a car that I never owned.
    The original owner has the same name but different address.
    In a stupid move to stop the bailiff I submitted a TE7:TE9 forms stating that I am not the owner of the car. I got a refusal from TEC and I was sent N24 form with my name and my address. And I think they updated the warrant of execution to my address.
    I have evidence now from DVLA that I am not the owner.
    The original CCJ is not against me but the refusal of the out of time witness statement is addressed to me.

I am afraid that the court will amend the CCJ to my address because I filled the TE7:TE9 with my address and the council requested the court to amend the old address to the new one.

The council is convinced that there is a mistake but they didn't take any action.

Should I appeal using N244 form? Should I defend using N9B form?
    I am afraid this will affect me in the future regarding credit or visa applications with Home Office.
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ - Mistaken Identity

Hi and welcome

Could you please clarify a few points?
    • Who is the CCJ against?
    • Is it the same person as the owner of the car?
    • Is it someone with the same name as you?
    • You also mention the council, is this over a council tax matter? If so, it would be a liability order rather than a CCJ
    • What sort of visa are you on? A CCJ shouldn't affect your immigration status but it would certainly affect any credit applications, however, if it's a liability order from council tax it wouldn't be on your credit file.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Hi and welcome

Could you please clarify a few points?
      • Who is the CCJ against?
      • Is it the same person as the owner of the car?
      • Is it someone with the same name as you?
      • You also mention the council, is this over a council tax matter? If so, it would be a liability order rather than a CCJ
      • What sort of visa are you on? A CCJ shouldn't affect your immigration status but it would certainly affect any credit applications, however, if it's a liability order from council tax it wouldn't be on your credit file.
      Thank you so much for your reply

The CCJ is against the owner of the car with the same name as myself.
      No, it is a parking ticket PCN issued by the council not DVLA.
      I am on a work visa for three years, but I am afraid if I apply next time I should mention any court proceedings.

Comment

I think I misunderstood something
        I was told by TEC that PCNs are not registered as CCJ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X