• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio I LTD vs needtoknowwhattodonext

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio I LTD vs needtoknowwhattodonext

/Hi,
    I've been advised to start a thread on here in relation to a county court claim against me and would be so grateful if anyone is able to help.

Basic details:
    DC- lOWELL
    DC SOLICITOR- BRYAN CARTER
    ORIGINAL CREDITOR- REDCATS FINANCE
    MONEY OWED- £500 including fees and interest.

(I had an account that I can trace back to an order in November 2006, it seems i made orders throughout 2007, and i'm unsure if when I ordered in 2008 and updated address if it became a new agreement or not. I ordered in September 2009- 17th I can see by email confirmation but due to me leaving and giving up my tenancy due to domestic violence I never got to make payments as I genuinely forgot, So the last payment I had made on the account was 4/9/09 prior to the order. I never got round to signing a new credit agreement but they did ask me to a few times.)

COUNTY COURT CLAIM DATED - /16/9/15
    ACKNOWLEDGED - 28/9/15
    CCA REQUEST TO LOWELL- 28/9/15 - included £1 postal order was signed for by them 30/09/15 no response yet.
    CPR 31.14 SENT 28/9/15
    REPLY DATED 1/10/15 Stating: We write further to your letter dated 28/9/15, requesting disclosure pursuant to Part 31.14 of the Civil procedure Rules.
    We confim that the claim form was issued by the County Court Business Centre and that Court's protocol was followed when issuing the Claimant's particulars of Claim. Practice Direction 7C point (3A) eliminated the requirement to attach the documents to the Particulars of Claim when they are issued by this court.
    We confirm that this matter will most properly be allocated to the Small Claims Track as this is a simple contractual matter and Part 31 of the Civil procedures Rules will therefore not apply.
    In any event the Notices Of Default and Assignment left the control of the Claimant when they were dispatched to you.
    It is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreement and in this regard, we ask you to refer to your own records.
    We confirm out client is agreeable to an extension for filing your Defence.
    As you will be aware a clam was in this matter on or around 16/9/15 and we are in receipt of your Acknowledgement of Service.
    We recommend you seek independent legal advice.
    I'm not sure where i go next with this, I phoned the court last week and they said I have until 18/10/15 to file my defence.
    Thanks in advance for your help x

Tags: None

Re: Lowell portfolio I LTD vs needtoknowwhattodonext

Originally posted by needtoknowwhattodonext View Post
    /Hi,
    I've been advised to start a thread on here in relation to a county court claim against me and would be so grateful if anyone is able to help.

Basic details:
    DC- lOWELL
    DC SOLICITOR- BRYAN CARTER
    ORIGINAL CREDITOR- REDCATS FINANCE
    MONEY OWED- £500 including fees and interest.

(I had an account that I can trace back to an order in November 2006, it seems i made orders throughout 2007, and i'm unsure if when I ordered in 2008 and updated address if it became a new agreement or not. I ordered in September 2009- 17th I can see by email confirmation but due to me leaving and giving up my tenancy due to domestic violence I never got to make payments as I genuinely forgot, So the last payment I had made on the account was 4/9/09 prior to the order. I never got round to signing a new credit agreement but they did ask me to a few times.)

COUNTY COURT CLAIM DATED - /16/9/15
    ACKNOWLEDGED - 28/9/15
    CCA REQUEST TO LOWELL- 28/9/15 - included £1 postal order was signed for by them 30/09/15 no response yet.
    CPR 31.14 SENT 28/9/15
    REPLY DATED 1/10/15 Stating: We write further to your letter dated 28/9/15, requesting disclosure pursuant to Part 31.14 of the Civil procedure Rules.
    We confim that the claim form was issued by the County Court Business Centre and that Court's protocol was followed when issuing the Claimant's particulars of Claim. Practice Direction 7C point (3A) eliminated the requirement to attach the documents to the Particulars of Claim when they are issued by this court.
    We confirm that this matter will most properly be allocated to the Small Claims Track as this is a simple contractual matter and Part 31 of the Civil procedures Rules will therefore not apply.
    In any event the Notices Of Default and Assignment left the control of the Claimant when they were dispatched to you.
    It is the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreement and in this regard, we ask you to refer to your own records.
    We confirm out client is agreeable to an extension for filing your Defence.
    As you will be aware a clam was in this matter on or around 16/9/15 and we are in receipt of your Acknowledgement of Service.
    We recommend you seek independent legal advice.
    I'm not sure where i go next with this, I phoned the court last week and they said I have until 18/10/15 to file my defence.
    Thanks in advance for your help x

Hi welcome to LB.

That's a standard Carter Template letter, although CPR 31. 14 is still applicable to a small claim until
    it is actually allocated to trthat track the solicitors for rent in the debt collection indus

Comment

Hi Nemesis45
      Thanks for the reply. So what would you recommend I do next please?

Comment

Hi Nemesis45
        Thanks for the reply. So what would you recommend I do next please?
        Is this one of Redcats mail order catalogues?

Do you know when the account was defaulted?

Can you please post up or type in the complete Particulars of the claim after removing
        any personal identifiers.

nem

Comment

Here's details I posted on another thread hopefully save me typing again It's with Vertbaudet I cant remember if I ordered online or on the phone though for the last order.

Date of issue:
          16/09/15

Reason for claim:
          Monies from the defendant to the claimant under an agreement regulated under the consumer creditact 1974
          between the defendant and ...... under account reference ......
          and assigned to the claimant on x/x/2011
          notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The defendant failed to maintain contractual repayment under the terms of the agreement
          and a default notice has been served which has not been complied with.

Value of the Claim £370

Has the claimant added section 69 interest?yes

What is the claim for? catalogue

When did you enter agreement before or after 2007? nov 2006

Who assigned claim ?debt collector

Aware account has been assigned? no

Received a default notice? no

Have you been receiving statutory default notices for at least a year? no

why did you cease payments? moved out due to domestic violence and forgot.

was there a dispute that remains unsolved? no

Entered a debt managment plan? no
          Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd November 2015, 16:21:PM.

Comment

Here's details I posted on another thread hopefully save me typing again It's with Vertbaudet I cant remember if I ordered online or on the phone though for the last order.

Date of issue:
            16/09/15

Reason for claim:
            Monies from the defendant to the claimant under an agreement regulated under the Conc-FCA-rules%29"]consumer credit[/URL][MG] act 1974
            between the defendant and ...... under account reference ......
            and assigned to the claimant on x/x/2011
            notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The defendant failed to maintain contractual repayment under the terms of the agreement
            and a default notice has been served which has not been complied with.

Value of the Claim £370

Has the claimant added section 69 interest?yes

What is the claim for? catalogue

When did you enter agreement before or after 2007? nov 2006

Who assigned claim? debt collector

Aware account has been assigned? no Yes to Lowell

Received a default notice? no Included in CPR31.14 request?

Have you been receiving statutory default notices for at least a year? no

why did you cease payments? moved out due to domestic violence and forgot. Is the date you have given for the last payment correct?

was there a dispute that remains unsolved? no

Entered a DMP? no
            Do you know when the account was defaulted?
            Is the account still showing on credit reference files? You can check Noddle it's free online.

There is a possibility that this claim may be out of time, the last payment date in 2009
            could be just early enough to beat the claim date 16/09/15.

It's worth a tru but not guaranteed in writing to Carter stating the debt is statute barred, a
            carefully worded letter not admitting liability could see this gone, my reservation on this is
            that Lowell/Carter will try insisting that the default date started the relevant 6 year period
            under the Limitation Act 1980. Perhaps waiting for any response to the CCA request is best
            for now.

nem
            Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd November 2015, 16:21:PM. Reason: removing links

Comment

Thanks for that Nem
              In the meantime would it be wise to resend template on here to Carters for not complying with the 31.14? Also someone mentioned may be an old agreement as the account is from 2006 what do you think?
              Last edited by needtoknowwhattodonext; 8th October 2015, 11:54:AM. Reason: Error

Comment

P.s. Last payment date definitely correct been through old email address and looked at my payment confirmations. Also states led default notice in 31.14 request.

Comment

Thanks for that Nem
                  In the meantime would it be wise to resend template on here to Carters for not complying with the 31.14? Also someone mentioned may be an old agreement as the account is from 2006 what do you think?
                  Yes indeed chase CPR but don't chase CCA request.
                  Knowing the default date would be useful!

Comment

Thanks Nem.
                    If i sign up to noddle to check default date can it help other debts locate me?

Comment

Thanks Nem.
                      If i sign up to noddle to check default date can it help other debts locate me?
                      If you have debts with other DCA's / debt purchasers they will have been
                      checking files anyway.

nem

Comment

Wasn't sure if signing up it would require me to add current address hence worrying it could lead others to me.

Comment

I've sent the second letter to Carters this afternoon recorded delivery. I know I'm waiting for Lowells to reply to the CCA sent 28/9/15 so they have 12+2 working days to respond (taking that as 14 working days is that correct?) which would take me to 15/10/15? But I have to file the defence by 18/10/15. Can the defence be submitted online or do I have to allow myself extra time within the time frame to post defence to the court?
                          Thanks

Comment

I've sent the second letter to Carters this afternoon recorded delivery. I know I'm waiting for Lowells to reply to the CCA sent 28/9/15 so they have 12+2 working days to respond (taking that as 14 working days is that correct?) which would take me to 15/10/15? But I have to file the defence by 18/10/15. Can the defence be submitted online or do I have to allow myself extra time within the time frame to post defence to the court?
                            Thanks
                            Hi, Yes submit defence on Money Claim Online (MCOL) best a couple of days before the deadline for safety as there is some backlog in the court system.
                            Have a look at some threads with defence so you have a clear idea of content and format, you can post a draft here and some one I'm sure will be around to go through it with you.
                            nem

Comment

So what would me defence be that I can't defend debt as they haven't provided me with any information?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X