• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Initiing financial proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initiing financial proceedings

hi

I was wondering if someone please let me know if the following letter sounds ok and any feedback please? My lawyer proposed that I could initiate the discuss financial discussion.

Dear XXXX,

Having received your clients divorce petition I would like to start discussion in relation to the jointly owned property by myself and your client at XXX immediately with view of meeting needs of the parties involved amicably. It is worth mentioning that your client is also the only resident property at present having asked me to move out although it is jointly owned.
    In an email on xx/xx/2015 you have indicated that your client is not willing to talk or write to me until further notice. You also indicated that any possible meetings will only be held near the end of the year with a third party present.

Given the above I propose the following options,

1. Your client and I can attempt to discuss matters concerning the property directly amongst ourselves either by phone or in person in a public place. I need an indication of when she can start this discussion.
    2. Failure to agree with the option 1, we can move on to mediation.
    3. If your client is not willing talk to me directly I propose that we initiate the mediation process immediately.
    4. If all the above options are unsuited I want your clients proposal in relation to the jointly owned property in writing to me.

I expect a response from you or from your client to the above options by no later than XX/XX/XXXX

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Initiing financial proceedings

Hi welcome to LB.
    The letter is ok.
    One thing Arbitrary time scales are not effective in situations like this.
    Just something like " I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible
    so we can move this matter forward".

nem

Comment

Re: Initiing financial proceedings

Thank you so much!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X