• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** STRUCK OUT ** halifax CC for 16k is allocation correct ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: halifax CC for 16k is allocation correct ?

Without a hearing is £50 ( but that is with consent), otherwise is £155.

General applications

Application on notice where no other fee is specified.
    £155

Application to set aside a County Court judgment.
    £155

Application by consent or without notice where no other fee is specified.
    £50

Application to vary a judgment, suspend enforcement or
    suspend a warrant of possession.
    £50

Application for a summons or order for a witness to attend court.
    £50

Application for a certificate of satisfaction of a judgment debt.
    £15
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you amethyst for your response,

so to apply for a strike out of a claim, where the claimant has not consented, ( unlikely that they would ) then the cost of the application is £155 with or without a hearing ?

i could not find this information anywhere on the gov.uk website !? it seems to be very well hidden !

Comment

HI all,

no real updates to report on this case as yet, however i do have an unrelated question , which is nothing to do with this particular case. but rather than hijack a thread or start a new one

i am going to attach part of a CCA credit agreement for a loan and would very much appreciate opinions on the enforceability of this 'agreement'

I am referring to the lines that appear about half way down

" you have no right to cancel this agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, the Timeshare Act 1992 or the Financial Services ( distance marketing ) regulations 2004 "

This was for a personal loan , surely this cannot be right ? everyone should have the right to cancel ? Under the CCA ?

would appreciate others opinions on this
        Attached Files

Comment

If you sign an agreement on the traders premises - like at the car showroom - or in the bank - it won't be cancellable ( I think it's s. 67 CCA ).
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok i will have a look at section 67,

so... If you sign an agreement for a loan on the premises of the bank who is lending you the moneys then you have no right to cancel and the agreement itself does not have to have the cancellation rights contained within it !

Comment

hi all,

the defendant submitted his witness statement as per the directions of the court.

the claimant did not submit their witness statement as per the directions of the court.

the claimant did not submit documents as per the directions of the court a week after the WS deadline.

so... the claimant have pretty much broken every rule in the book ignored pre action protocol, asked the court to allocate this to the wrong track to avoid the CPR request on the proviso that they will file documents as per the courts directions. ( so the courts helped them out by allocating to small claims)

then did NOT do as the court requested and did not do as they had stated in their DQ !!!!

i am going to help the defendant file an application for strike out, based on their complete disregard for pre action conduct, CPR rules, and directions of the court. Backed up by a strong witness statement, also an application for costs in defending this claim.

Comment

When is the hearing ?

M1

Comment

@M1

not sure exactly m1, but on or around 20th january.

Comment

Research Denton, Mitchell and relief from sanctions.

No evidence = case closed.

Also https://consumercreditlitigationandd...eps-on-giving/

M1

Comment

@M1,

thank you very much, you are a wealth of information i appreciate your help and advice:santa_smiley:

Comment

ok, to update this thread...

We have now made an application to strike out the claim , i have put together a strong WS with documents for their failure to adhere to pretty much any and or all rules. I have also applied for costs of this application along with reasonable costs in defending.

we can only now wait and see what happens

Comment

Good luck, keep us updated xxx
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

will do Celestine:santa_smiley:

Comment

[MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION] @mystery 1

Hi all,

we now have the order from the court......

1 the claim has been struck out
                              2 the claimant shall pay the defendants costs to be summarily assessed
                              i) the defendant must file costs
                              ii) the claimant has 14 days to file a response to those costs
                              3) the date of the trial/hearing has been vacated

:thumb:

Comment

Ah ha nice work skilganon. Congrats xxxx

Would you be able to share the application made at all ? It might help others in the future.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X