• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP LLP and a Court Claim from NCC (Want to set aside Judgement)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP LLP and a Court Claim from NCC (Want to set aside Judgement)

Hi All-

New to posting a question for advice.

My wife had a letter in June from MKDP LLP claiming that she owed £3097 from a Lloyds TSB Overdraft.

I sent the usual CPR letter back asking for all the information they had. We received a letter on July the 7th with a screen shot of supposed default.....(Which was so fuzzy - i couldnt even make out what the hell it was)

I then replied to the letter asking for a clearer image and ALL of the letters / information they had when purchasing this account.

Fast forward to October 1st - a letter from Nothampton CC stating that she failed to make her defence with in 28 days and she owes now £3097 + £185 in court fees.

From the letter going back on July 8th (although never sent recorded delivery) to today we have had ZERO correspondence. No N1CPC form through from the courts NOTHING.

Now I understand that the clock is ticking with regards to a possible appeal and asking for the judgement to be set aside.

I am wondering where we stand with everything.

As I was waiting for the information from MKDP LLP - I never sent a SAR off to Lloyds TSB.

Help or any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mr T
    Tags: None

Re: MKDP LLP and a Court Claim from NCC (Want to set aside Judgement)

Originally posted by andytrev31 View Post
    Hi All-

New to posting a question for advice.

My wife had a letter in June from MKDP LLP claiming that she owed £3097 from a Lloyds TSB Overdraft.

I sent the usual CPR letter back asking for all the information they had. We received a letter on July the 7th with a screen shot of supposed default.....(Which was so fuzzy - i couldnt even make out what the hell it was)

I then replied to the letter asking for a clearer image and ALL of the letters / information they had when purchasing this account.

Fast forward to October 1st - a letter from Nothampton CC stating that she failed to make her defence with in 28 days and she owes now £3097 + £185 in court fees.

From the letter going back on July 8th (although never sent recorded delivery) to today we have had ZERO correspondence. No N1CPC form through from the courts NOTHING.

Now I understand that the clock is ticking with regards to a possible appeal and asking for the judgement to be set aside.

I am wondering where we stand with everything.

As I was waiting for the information from MKDP LLP - I never sent a SAR off to Lloyds TSB.

Help or any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mr T
    Hi Welcome LB,

You say a letter was received from MKDP in June and you made a request under CPR 31.14 which is only for documents mention is the Particulars of Claim on Court Form N1.

Was it a claim pack from the Northampton County Court Business Centre that was received?

It appears from what you say that a claim was issued and acknowledged but no further action as in completing court documents
    and filing a defence has taken place so MKDP has applied for and been granted " Judgement by Default".

Yes you need to be quick applying for set aside the fee for the application is £155.00 there must be a defence to the original claim that has a reasonable chance of success Form N244 obtainable online or from your local court is used for the application.
    I would suggest that if you are certain that MKDP has acted improperly here that in the first instance you raise a Formal Complaint with
    Ms Sara Lambert the CEO of MKDP ( The Compello Group of companies)

Lastly if possible please post redacted copies of all the document that you have received here it will aid us when giving further advice.

nem

Comment

Nem

Thanks for the reply.

We actually never received an N1 claim form through from the CC. The letter that I sent them (my mistake) was a letter S:78 and request for all particulars relating to the letter that they sent.

The Letter that I sent to MKDP was to obtain all the information and whether there was any case for this account being closed for unenforceable credit agreement.

Now - I realised that an Overdraft / Bank Account is not deemed to be credit. So I am in a pickle at the moment. . and whether the account could be statue barred.

My question was to gather all the evidence they had on this case and present
      A) A defence as and when the N1 Claim form came through
      b) make and offer for instalments for the Debt.

Any help would be needed.

Thanks and great reading your posts
      Nem

MrT

Comment

Originally posted by andytrev31 View Post
        Nem

Thanks for the reply.

We actually never received an N1 claim form through from the CC. The letter that I sent them (my mistake) was a letter S:78 and request for all particulars relating to the letter that they sent.

The Letter that I sent to MKDP was to obtain all the information and whether there was any case for this account being closed for unenforceable credit agreement.

Now - I realised that an Overdraft / Bank Account is not deemed to be credit. So I am in a pickle at the moment. . and whether the account could be statue barred.

My question was to gather all the evidence they had on this case and present
        A) A defence as and when the N1 Claim form came through
        b) make and offer for instalments for the Debt.

Any help would be needed.

Thanks and great reading your posts
        Nem

MrT
        Hello Mr T,

The Limitation Act 1980 relevant 6 year period for a bank account / overdraft starts when the bank first demand immediate payment of all outstanding monies i.e.
        A Demand for Payment or a Final Demand for Payment. There must be 6 clear years without any payment or unequivocal written admission of liability.

It may be useful to contact the bank and ask when this happened.

Is this account still showing on credit reference files? ( You can check Noddle online free).

It will be necessary to confirm that this alleged debt was Statute Barred on the date the claim was issued.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X