• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PSO to stop me taking child on holiday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO to stop me taking child on holiday

On what grounds would a PSO (prohibited steps order) be awarded to my ex to stop me taking out daughter on holiday. She lives with me but we both have Parental responsibility and no formal residency/contact orders in place.
    Tags: None

Re: PSO to stop me taking child on holiday

If you are going to a Non-Hague agreement country:

Case Law on this one is here: http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed116596

Bottom of the page from paragraph 25 but this is specific to Non Hague agreement countries.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: PSO to stop me taking child on holiday

He would have to provide a reason why going would be potentially detrimental to the child's welfare - as Leclerc hints above, one such anxiety would spring from the possibility that the child could be "abducted" & removed from British jurisdiction. The court would decide based solely on the perceived welfare of the child.

If you both have parental responsibility, it would be normal (politic) to agree/ask permission in advance to take the child out of the country.

See here for further guidance: http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-info...%20my%20child?

You could always pre-empt and apply to the court for a Specific Issue Order.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X