• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking "parking charge notice" for 11 minutes in car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking "parking charge notice" for 11 minutes in car park

Hi M1, I'm new to this site so hopefully have done this correctly for you to see. After reading a few posts on previous cases I realise you are the person I need advice from. Yesterday I received a parking charge notice from smart parking dated 24/9/15 for an alleged "overstayed paid time" on 16/9/15. The time I entered the car park was 12.34.14 and leaving was 12.45.51. 11 minutes!! They are demanding £90 reduced to £45 if I pay within 14 days. I haven't taken any action yet without appropriate advice. What we actually did on the day was pop in to sports direct, my husband stayed with the car and tried to sort our screaming 17 month old out while I ran in to return an item, completed quickly and left (obviously didn't even read the signs as wrongly assumed it was a ticket type car park and husband would have seen a parking attendant and moved car had he needed to. I have photos of signs and of my PCN but can't see how to upload them on here yet? Advice on how to word my letter of contest would be great . The car park has a one way system so had another car been occluding my path it could have actually taken 11 minutes from me driving in to exiting to await their exit! I've been to the car park and can only see the cameras pointing at the entry/exit, can't see any cctv for the rest of car park but obviously can't be definite that there isn't any.

anyways, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jen
    Tags: None

Re: Smart parking "parking charge notice" for 11 minutes in car park

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

Try the manager of Sports direct to see if they can help. Might have been better if you were buying but worth a try.

Also appeal to Smart.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was a customer of Sports Direct. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Thanks, apparently it's a separate company but still waiting for his response. I returned the item & bought a different size so was technically a buying customer but don't have the receipt! Thank you
        Last edited by JenPurdie; 1st October 2015, 06:37:AM.

Comment

Nothing that sports direct can do so will write my letter/email to contest tonight. Just to double check, do I still admit that the driver was a genuine customer of sports direct even though there is no free parking time given to customers of sports direct. Or should I go down the "the driver didn't have change to pay and didn't actually park and attempted to leave but was occluded by a heated conversation between two other drivers regarding their vehichles".. kinda route? Sorry just don't wanna drop myself in anything.
          thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

The driver isn't named so it's all good to go.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X