• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited / OPUS - 18-9-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited / OPUS - 18-9-2015

Originally posted by Tal View Post
    I'm sure that would have been when it was. I don't have any bank statements from back then (I use purely paperless statements for my accounts now, and so cannot confirm.) Should I contact the bank and see if they can provide me with statements either from around the date of the default, or before, in the hope I can prove one way or the other, if and when I last made a payment?
    You could send a SAR to get copies of statements, however, most banks argue they only hold data for the past six years.They have 40 days to respond so you wouldn't get them before your defence is due but there is still quite a bit of time before actually going to court so they may come it handy. It will cost you £10 and if you decide to send it, I'd suggest signing the letter or they'll just argue that they don't have to comply... :blah: :blah: I wish you the best of luck trying to get statements from OPUS, it was rather a struggle for me to get anywhere with them back in 2012! :rant:

Comment

As expected, I have today received the '40 day' letter from Cabot. I'm now not 100% sure what actions I should be taking, if any?

Should I just now wait and submit defence based on lack of documentation / non-compliance by Cabot & Restons?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        You could send a SAR to get copies of statements, however, most banks argue they only hold data for the past six years.They have 40 days to respond so you wouldn't get them before your defence is due but there is still quite a bit of time before actually going to court so they may come it handy. It will cost you £10 and if you decide to send it, I'd suggest signing the letter or they'll just argue that they don't have to comply... :blah: :blah: I wish you the best of luck trying to get statements from OPUS, it was rather a struggle for me to get anywhere with them back in 2012! :rant:
        I will consider doing this, thanks. Is it worth me attempting to phone them to get the last payment date on the account? (If the account is mine, surely I would be able to satisfy any security requirements?) I don't want to get caught in a way that can be seen as me acknowledging the debt.

Comment

As expected, I have today received the '40 day' letter from Cabot. I'm now not 100% sure what actions I should be taking, if any?

Should I just now wait and submit defence based on lack of documentation / non-compliance by Cabot & Restons?

Thanks in advance.
          Ignore Crapbots 40 days nonsense.
          A SAR is a very good idea creditors must hold data for 6 years After and account is closed.

nem

Comment

Thanks in advance.
            You shouldn't chase Cabot for the CCA request but you do need to chase Restons for the CPR request if you haven't done so already. May also be an idea to ask them to agree to a 28 day extension under CPR 15.5 if you haven't asked them. Once you go through the motions, it will be time to file the generic defence you mention, unless you get all the documents before that. :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:

I will consider doing this, thanks. Is it worth me attempting to phone them to get the last payment date on the account? (If the account is mine, surely I would be able to satisfy any security requirements?) I don't want to get caught in a way that can be seen as me acknowledging the debt.
            Some people have been successful in obtaining this information so it's worth a try. For the purpose of limitation, an acknowledgment of the debt has to be in WRITING. :typing:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X