• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dispute with mother over moving daughter out of her school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dispute with mother over moving daughter out of her school

I am a parent with shared legal responsibility for a seven year old child. The other parent (now split up but unmarried) wants to move her out of the village school where she lived until recently on the basis of a list of complaints against the school going back two years. None of these complaints has reached the headteacher's attention, and she claims our daughter has not been treated well and is 'under attaining'. Privately, she has told me she wants her daughter to go to the school near her village where she now lives so they can have a 'social life'. Currently we live 3.5m and 14.5m respectively from the school. I collect my daughter from school 3/5 days, and she overnights with me 2/5 days during the week.

If she moves, then these distances will effectively be reversed. It's my belief that my daughter is very happy at the school where she has good friends and friendly teachers. The NOR of the school is 76. The mother will take me to mediation if I don't agree to the move - which I don't -- and failing that, to court.

My question is, is there a way to stop the mother moving her out of the school and seeking places in other schools? My concern is that she will manipulate our daughter to believe she's better off in another school, near her mother's home, etc etc.
    Tags: None

Re: dispute with mother over moving daughter out of her school

Hi Jay and ,

What are the mother's complaints?

Have you discussed the situation with the school at all?

I would certainly think that you have the right and the duty to be fully and equally involved in the making of all such decisions x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X