• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking - Won

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a POPLA appeal for "Double Dipping".

I'm in the middle of disputing a Smart Parking PCN for 2 separate visits in 1 day. Looking online, I can see that Smart Parking are well known for this scam.

The PCN shows the vehicle entering the beach at 10:21AM, and leaving at 15:31 in the afternoon (via ANPR images)
    for a total of 309 minutes (just over 5hrs) without a valid ticket.

ON THE EXACT DATE at around 11AM, I was 15 miles away shopping in Truro. I left the supermarket in Truro at 12:20 lunch time.
    Later that day at 14:34 in the afternoon, I was fueling at the Morrison's Petrol forecourt which is just over 2 Miles away from Fistral Beach.

My name is not David Copperfield and I don't possess the ability to be in two places at the same time.

I have contacted Barclays Bank, and they have provided me with a letter that confirms and time stamps both of the transactions above.

On the other hand, Smart Parking/ Fistral Beach have not provided any evidence of the vehicle being parked on the property.
    As I say, I only have an entry and exit picture from the ANPR.
    How do they have this? I have no idea. Maybe I was dropping off / collecting on that day, maybe I was just passing by. I certainly wasn't parked.

As a local resident in the area, I visit Fistral Beach very frequently.
    It makes me nervous thinking that each time I visit the premises, I run the risk of another PCN showing up on my doorstep.

I have contacted Jon Briant from Britanic Industries, the company responsible for managing the Fistral Beach complex and Parking.
    Jon Briant said he would investigate, but has done absolutely nothing in regards to this matter, and has decided to ignore any further attempts to resolve the issue amicably.

Smart Parking surprisingly denied my appeal.

I have a POPLA ref number. Can you guys help me draft a strong appeal? or point me in the right direction?

I would like to add more than just the obvious Barclays Bank Statement to the appeal.

Thanks,
    Harry

P.S. Do you guys recall any court cases where the defendant proved the ANPR evidence wrong?
    Last edited by Harryd; 22nd September 2015, 11:27:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking

I don't recall any court cases but the double dip is common.

I'll sort you a suitable appeal asap but i am at work tomorrow and Thursday so it'll be after that.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] - Thanks very much. Your help would be much appreciated!

Comment

@mystery1 - No need to worry about drafting an Appeal for me. I have cobbled something together and have submitted my appeal. I will update here once I hear back from POPLA

Comment

Originally posted by Harryd View Post
          @mystery1 - No need to worry about drafting an Appeal for me. I have cobbled something together and have submitted my appeal. I will update here once I hear back from POPLA
          No worries, hope you win. I'd have waited though because you can't edit it.

M1

Comment

[SUCCESS] Fistral Beach Scam? - Smart Parking

@mystery1 Thanks very much for taking the time to help out! The verdict is in. Received the victory email from Popla:

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference xxxxxxxxxx.

Smart Parking have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

=================================

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X