• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor email service - Divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solicitor email service - Divorce

I am just feeling very guilty as it is my fault for about to bringing this marriage to an end and possibly her behaviour now is because she could be hurt a lot. Not once after we broke up I offered or said anything about to make it easier for her. I would hate myself forever if she gets hurt even more because of further suffering emotionally and financially during this process. I don't know how to tell her without using solicitors that I am willing to make the divorce ride (without too much involvement of her soilcitors!) as easy as possible when she doesn't want to speak to me.

Comment

I will be blunt

She will be trying to screw you for everything she can. Well her solicitor will.

It is human nature to feel guilty but that will pass
      The marriage and any obligations you have to your ex has now ended as soon as she appointed a solicitor

Do you have your own solicitor yet??

Comment

Thanks.

I will be looking for solicitor this week.

Comment

If it eases your mind at all, those solicitors do look both ethical and professional - the important bit being:

We are members of the Law Society Family Panel and apply the Law Society Protocol to all client matters. This means that we will deal with your instructions in a non-confrontational manner
          If the solicitor you choose takes a similar attitude you should be able to mitigate costs on both sides. Given that the least expensive route (sorting it out between you) is not an option at present in your case, other steps you can take to keep costs down are to do all the 'donkey work' yourself, turn up with all your paperwork in order and make sure the solicitor you choose understands that you expect them to aid you in conducting matters in as conciliatory way as possible. Mediation is less expensive than court action, so lets hope your wife will see the merit in this.

The other thing is - do consider going to your GP for help with the stress of it all. You will need emotional support throughout this and the legal process is best approached with a cool head. x

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will discuss the matter you raised as part of my first meeting with the solicitor.

I have seen a counsellor last month and seeing her again next month.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X