• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defendent withdraws application for strike out what happens next to evidence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defendent withdraws application for strike out what happens next to evidence?

Hi been fighting a strike out/summary judgement for over a year now, must have done something right as Defendant has now withdrawn the application.

What happens to the evidence they submitted for the application hearing?

Can I still use it for the trial?

Also several issues regarding false documents included in the Dfence and false statement of truths by the defendant, any advice on how to proceed with them?

Thank you

JinnyD
    Tags: None

Re: Defendent withdraws application for strike out what happens next to evidence?

If the evidence has been filed and served as part of the Application then it is "in" the proceedings and can be used.

As to "false" statements of truth, I would worry more about the substantive proceedings. (Because you allege them to be false and proving that they are is an unnecessary distraction.)

Comment

Re: Defendent withdraws application for strike out what happens next to evidence?

Thank you that's a relief

False statements and false documents are admitted by Defendant.

They've wasted many months on this application and as I am a poorly bunny caused additional stress and anxiety, can I claim costs for it now? Or must I wait for the case to complete?

Comment

No, I expect costs will be "in the case" meaning not sorted until the substantive case is decided, sorry.

Obviously we have no idea what these proceedings related to so admissions as to false documents?

Is there an Order getting rid of the strike out application.

Stress and anxiety not usually recognised.

Comment

thanks

It's a discrimination case re a public body that handles complaints re other public authorities.

False documents and statements in this case are a serious issue because of who the defendant is.

No there isn't an order getting rid of strike out. I've just been sent a letter by the defendant telling the court they wish to withdraw the application. Will be checking with court if they have actually received the letter.

stress anxiety cause a deteriation in my health due to my disability so come under Injury to feelings and personal injury as part of the discrimination claim.

Comment

I have to ask, have you made the claim subject to the Human Rights Act 1998 as you state it is disability related? (Protected Characteristic)

I hate to ask this, is the defendant a public body or a glorified Quango on behalf of a public body such as Capita etc?

Comment

Re Human rights Act 1998, yes.

It's a public body.

Comment

Then i will not comment on your competence as you know exactly what you are doing with your response:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I'm imagining from post 5 that this is a claim against the Equalities and Human Rights Commission.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X