• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Life after leaving work.,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life after leaving work.,

Hi there.,

I have just resigned from my job as Cabin Crew. I resigned because the airline was more than likely going to sack me, for a breach of H&S.
    I did own up to the mistake, not really a serious breach, but still its a breach all the same. The airline would have sacked me 100%. So I jumped, The Union gave me support, but told me to expect the worst… :tinysmile_cry_t: No way out.

My question is this….

What do I do now ?
    Can I sign on ? Is it worth signing on ?
    Can I claim Job seekers allowance., ?
    I have no idea what to do… I'm so confused and at a blank !

Naturally, I'm a bit low right now, because, suddenly the penny has dropped, the money, bills, cost of living are all still going out every day, but now there is nothing coming in (gulp)!
    I need a week on my own, to get over this, think this thru in all manners., but I feel my world is about to come crashing down & seriously change for the worst...

I watched the news yesterday, BIG MISTAKE !! Unemployment up for the 3rd month in a row, Zero hours contracts increased, and all these people flooding into Europe… Quite depressing I can tell you.

Any advice from anyone is most welcome…

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Life after leaving work.,

Hi fonafriend ,

Don't despair!

There are plenty on here who've been in similar situations or who have helped others navigate through them and I don't doubt that someone will be along with wise, practical counsel soon.

Meanwhile, do give yourself a bit of time to regroup - relax and do something you enjoy to allow yourself time to heal and adjust to the new situation - which could be seen as one of infinite possiblities and exciting unexplored directions. You will get solid support on here whatever happens x

:hug:

Comment

Originally posted by fonafriend View Post
      I have just resigned from my job as Cabin Crew. I resigned because the airline was more than likely going to sack me, for a breach of H&S.
      I did own up to the mistake, not really a serious breach, but still its a breach all the same. The airline would have sacked me 100%. So I jumped, The Union gave me support, but told me to expect the worst…
      Can you tell us a bit more?
      What do I do now ?
      Can I sign on ? Is it worth signing on ?
      Can I claim Job seekers allowance., ?

I have no idea what to do… I'm so confused and at a blank !
      You should be able to claim JSA although it may be Universal Credit in most areas. You may have to explain the circumstances of your departure to make it clear you are not voluntarily unemployed after having resigned.
      Naturally, I'm a bit low right now, because, suddenly the penny has dropped, the money, bills, cost of living are all still going out every day, but now there is nothing coming in (gulp)!
      I need a week on my own, to get over this, think this thru in all manners., but I feel my world is about to come crashing down & seriously change for the worst...

I watched the news yesterday, BIG MISTAKE !! Unemployment up for the 3rd month in a row, Zero hours contracts increased, and all these people flooding into Europe… Quite depressing I can tell you.
      Statistics don't always reflect the reality for individuals. The people flooding into Europe are hardly going to compete for a job against you, most don't speak English for a start...
      Any advice from anyone is most welcome

Thank you.
      As cabin crew you'll have a lot of customer service experience which will be useful in a variety of positions: you could work in retail, hospitality, as a receptionist, at events, etc. if you don't fancy applying for another cabin crew job.

Get your CV into shape and highlight your transferable skills, see here for CV tips for career changers: http://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/...ge-cv-template

Comment

It’s somewhat hard to admit that, but the reality is, after spending the vast majority of time, It wasn’t the perfect time it rarely is.Things didn’t go down in the way I thought they would, and it left with a tremendous sense of uncertainty.

100HomeRemedies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X