• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA doesn't respond to a CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA doesn't respond to a CCA request

I sent a CCA request to a DCA, Direct Legal and Collections by recorded delivery on 21st August 2015 and I have the proof of delivery on 22nd with a signature from Royal Mail. It was for an old MBNA credit card taken out around 2003/4 and the debt was £1358.96. As at 17th September 2015, I still haven't received a reply. What should I do? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: DCA doesn't respond to a CCA request

Originally posted by Parkie93 View Post
    I sent a CCA request to a DCA, Direct Legal and Collections by recorded delivery on 21st August 2015 and I have the proof of delivery on 22nd with a signature from Royal Mail. It was for an old MBNA credit card taken out around 2003/4 and the debt was £1358.96. As at 17th September 2015, I still haven't received a reply. What should I do? Thanks.
    Chase it up, remind DLC that they had 12 + 2 Working Days to Comply.. If this has expired the debt is unenforceable via the court system until the agreement is provided.
    nem

Comment

I think it depends on why you sent the CCA request.
      I personally would stop paying if you are and when they contact you tell them that they are in default of your lawful request. Are DLC collecting on behalf of someone or do they own it (by the way DLC are part of Hillesden securities who are the debt buying arm. I believe they have recently been bought by one of the bigger debt buyers.

If they have issued a claim or sent a letter before action definitely do not chase it up

I have never chased up a CCA request , and if they DCA then played silly beggers when I stopped paying it is a simple case of
      'I sent you a S77/78/79 request on xxxxxx that you received on xxxxxx. You currently have nit replied and may I remind you that under S77(4)/S78(6) the account remains unenforceable until you do. '
      If you really want to show them you mean business just print out the appropriate section of that CCA and include it.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
        I think it depends on why you sent the CCA request.
        I personally would stop paying if you are and when they contact you tell them that they are in default of your lawful request. Are DLC collecting on behalf of someone or do they own it (by the way DLC are part of Hillesden securities who are the debt buying arm. I believe they have recently been bought by one of the bigger debt buyers.

If they have issued a claim or sent a letter before action definitely do not chase it up

I have never chased up a CCA request , and if they DCA then played silly beggers when I stopped paying it is a simple case of
        'I sent you a S77/78/79 request on xxxxxx that you received on xxxxxx.
        You currently have nit replied and may I remind you that under S77(4)/S78(6) the account remains unenforceable until you do. '
        If you really want to show them you mean business just print out the appropriate section of that CCA and include it.
        That has also been my understanding all along, that once they are in default they can't enforce the debt so why chase it up. I've also taken the route of writing to say the account is in dispute with the OC because they are in default of my request... :blah: :blah:

There are exceptions to every rule and in some cases your objective may be to get your hands on a copy of the agreement or find out what sort of documents they have rather than use the CCA request as an argument to dispute the account or defend a claim, however, if that was the case I'd have sent the CCA request directly to the OC rather than the DCA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X