• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Do I Change The Debtor's Address on a Warrant of Control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Change The Debtor's Address on a Warrant of Control?

Hi,

Really sorry if this is a bit basic but I have recently obtained a CCJ against a debtor, and they have moved since the WoC was issued. Can anyone advise as to how I go about re-issuing the Warrant with the debtor's current address?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: How Do I Change The Debtor's Address on a Warrant of Control?

How much was the CCJ for? Have you informed the County Court Bailiff there has been a change of address?

Comment

Hi,

The CCJ was for £500 so cannot be transferred up unfortunately.

I haven't yet, do I just need to inform the Bailiff or do I need to reissue a whole new warrant? The new address is still in the same jurisdiction (if that is the best phrase) as that of the original warrant.

Comment

If you have already passed to the Bailiff then ring the office to advise the. If it needs altering I am sure they will let you know. Just remember that because you have got Judgment & are enforcing is no guarantee you will get paid. Are you also aware that if your Judgment was for £500 + the cost of the warrant @ £100 you are now at the magic figure should you want to take it further.

Comment

Hi,

I have tried calling a few High Court Enforcement agencies, but have been told that even though the outstanding amount is now £605 (original £500, + court costs + enforcement costs) they will not take it on because the original judgement was for £500. Perhaps you could recommend any enforcement firms who would be prepared to transfer this up and enforce accordingly?

Comment

I have always worked on the basis that if the original debt + any costs which had been unsuccessful at obtaining a resolution could all be added together and if it got to £600 could be transferred. Your original Judgment should have been for a certain sum + Court costs. Then applying for a Warrant of Control should add an extra £100. This is how a lot of the Water Companies regularly turned a debt of £400 into something over £600 and by the time the HCEO added his bit often came to £2k or more. Were you allowed to add interest from the date of Judgment?

I have always found The Sheriff's Office to be fair & efficient.

As for the Defendant are you sure they may have the means to pay or assets that could be seized. Have you considered having them appear before a Judge to explain why they have not paid?

Comment

Originally posted by AntelopeBoy View Post
              Hi,

Really sorry if this is a bit basic but I have recently obtained a CCJ against a debtor, and they have moved since the WoC was issued. Can anyone advise as to how I go about re-issuing the Warrant with the debtor's current address?

Many thanks
              With a change of address you are back to square two, the isssue warrant is still valid and it will run for 12 months from the noticfication of address change,

The bailiff needs to write to the debtor at the new address, still allowing 7 working days to pay the original debt plus the Compliance fee, then, if the debtor does pay it can go to enforcement.
              The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

I have the same problem: I have just called the County Court Bailiffs' office to inform them of the change of address of the debtor. (Warrant of Control) They are grateful to know that he has moved (as they have not yet allocated a date, despite being issued 4th August), but cannot change the address.

I issued via MCOL, and cannot see anything in the guidance as to how to proceed. We have two CCJs against him, but have so far only issued one warrant.

The Tracing service has also found 2 aliases that the debtor is using (same Christian name, different surnames).

Any advice gratefully received.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X