• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Best appeal vs MET parking - Barn Elms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Best appeal vs MET parking - Barn Elms

Hi all - I parked in a car park of a sports ground called Barn Elms while I was playing rugby. The car park was full and so I decided to park somewhere which wasn't obstructing anyone, wasn't unsafe, was perfectly reasonably but just didn't have a white parking box as a guideline. I came back to my car with a ticket from MET parking services stating I had to pay £100 in 28 days or £60 in 14. I feel this is completely unfair and feels like a bit of a scam. I'm sure many others have been caught out before! Do you know the best way to appeal to this in writing?
    Many thanks guys!!
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Best appeal vs MET parking - Barn Elms

If you only had a ticket on the car (notice to driver) then wait for a notice to keeper (by post) as they will screw up keeper liability which screws them unless they know the identity of the driver. These must arrive between 28 and 56 days.

M1

Comment

Great thanks M1! Can they not get details from the DVLA database and therefore contact me easily?

Comment

Yes but it is beyond their comprehension to follow http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted which they must do, to the letter, in order to hold the keeper liable. You will get the notice but it'll be worth as much as a losing lotto ticket.

M1

Comment

Great thanks...and if they do get in touch then i'll get them on breach of the conditions...

Comment

We'll appeal as keeper and they'll refuse so we'll go to popla and win

M1

Comment

HI M1,

I've received a further letter regarding this. It seems MET parking services got my address details from DVLA but they sent a follow up letter to my old address. Since then they have managed to get my current address and send a further letter what looks like through a 3rd party company called Debt Recovery Plus. In it they are asking for an amount outstanding which is greater than what the Parking Charge Notice initially was. They are asking for £150 vs what was £100 previously. In it they have said:

"We are writing on behalf of the creditor in relation to an unpaid Parking Charge Notice. Details were originally sent to the address provided by the DVLA for the registered keeper of the vehicle at the date the parking charge was issued, or to the driver of the vehicle at the time the parking charge was issued (where this information was known).......Otherwise if payment is not received within 14 days of the date of this letter further recovery action may take place and additional costs may be incurred."

I have the letter sent by the MET parking services to my old address (as it was forwarded on) and date of incident of the parking charge was 05/09/2015 and date of issue of the notice was 06/10/15.

Do they have anything to go by and can they still make that demand? Also what would the additional costs incurred that I would be liable for and if I'm going to continue to get hassled is it worth just paying the initial £100 to avoid any risk? Would be great to get your advice on this.
              thanks,
              Ross

Comment

Which address is on your registration document and what date is on the registration document ?

We'd have won with an appeal to the wrongly addressed letter

M1

Comment

The date on the latest notice is 18/11/2015 which has my correct address. The date of the older letter which has the wrong address on is 06/10/2015. The date of the incident was 05/09/15.

Comment

Originally posted by rossh View Post
                    The date on the latest notice is 18/11/2015 which has my correct address. The date of the older letter which has the wrong address on is 06/10/2015. The date of the incident was 05/09/15.
                    Non of which is YOUR REGISTRATION DOCUMENT

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                      Sorry if I'm being thick (!) - what do you mean then by registration document? For my vehicle?

Comment

The bit of paper that you received from the DVLA that shows where you, the registered keeper of the car, live.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          The bit of paper that you received from the DVLA that shows where you, the registered keeper of the car, live.
                          OK that's clear. Ah - so it would have been registered to my old address in Brixton when I bought the car in March then I moved house to Streatham soon after in May, but only updated my address details with the DVLA in recent months. The first letter that the MET parking services sent was to my Brixton address and the second one (through the 3rd party) to the current one I'm living in.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                            OK that's clear. Ah - so it would have been registered to my old address in Brixton when I bought the car in March then I moved house to Streatham soon after in May, but only updated my address details with the DVLA in recent months. The first letter that the MET parking services sent was to my Brixton address and the second one (through the 3rd party) to the current one I'm living in. Thank you!!

Comment

The date of the older letter which has the wrong address on is 06/10/2015
                              So when was your registration document updated ? (The date is on the bottom of it DOCREF)

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X