• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Soon to be homeless (not anymore! SORTED !!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soon to be homeless

Sparks your heart is as big as it is strong and I thank you for caring.
    G

Comment

Galahad - FWIW - I'm also so terribly sorry and ANGRY.

I suppose you wouldn't consider suing her/her partner? Or even enjoining Blemain to do so if there's a legal mechanism to do this? It does sound like a blatant predatory fraud and extortion - the police?

Would also suggest that Age UK should be a helpful resource in many ways:

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/health-wellb...nancial-abuse/
      0800 169 6565

Things couldn't get any worse and maybe she should finally grow up to realise that there can be disagreeable consequences - to herself as well as others - for disagreeable actions.

Shelter (FP's links above) will also give you good and practical advice, including accessing the best legal advice.

I know it's not enough but, like all others here, do so wish you a happy resolution - a miracle perhaps, though not yet visible - and my heart aches for you xxx

sorry - crossed with lots of other posts, which make some of the above a bit outdated x

Comment

I am sure we have all done similar, if not as major, things at times with family thinking things will be ok. Its different but when I helped my parents buy the family home for us all to live in we didn't consider we needed a legal agreement and now I wished we had. The only reason I mentioned about the payments is that Swift can only except payment from the account holder unless specially authorised and they only do things if they are forced to.

Comment

Thank you Miss but since posting I have had some advice from shelter, age concern and a charity called action for abuse of the elderly. I also have been given the name of one called porchlight to contact.
          G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
            I assure you I have had good legal advice and left no stone unturned enough to know that any action I take would stand little chance and cost more than i can afford. Even if it did succeed would cause much long term damage to my grandchildrens futures. This is why I am more concerned with how to get a roof over my head than a legal battle. My disability is severe and I have never been in this situation before and need to learn how the system works.
            G
            I don't know quite how to put this but I would scream with shame if I found out that my material future was secured by my parents treating theirs in the way your daughter has treated you. I'm not saying that to cause further pain but really to say that its in no-one's interests - not even hers - for her to continue to profit from being so unkind.

You just shouldn't feel any guilt at all if you choose redress.

I hope you don't mind me saying this x

Comment

I'm with you MissFM, I don't like to see further upset but I would wonder what example it would show to the grandchildren if or when they understand.

Comment

I have no guilt or conscience about redress to the person that was once my daughter but my grandchildren had no hand in this and i cannot attack one without attacking both.
                G

Comment

Hopefully you wouldn't be attacking both, just showing your grandchildren how life should be led and that you shouldn't profit by being underhand.

Comment

I thank you all for your obvious concern but would respectfuly ask that advice on how to progress to getting some assurance of a roof over my head would be more aprropriate than discussing my familiy dirty washing at this time. I do not mean that at as unkindly as it sounds I assure you.
                    G

Comment

Point taken and apologies.

Further thoughts on possible practical help (which have probably already been covered, but just in case) -

are there any support networks connected with any job/profession you've had?

Were you ever in the armed forces?

Organisations connected with your particular disabilities?

Another idea perhaps too blindingly obvious to mention - your GP should be able to help and to access services and accomodation specific to your needs - even if only in the short term/period of transition - and have knowledge of which local agencies would have influence in providing long term appropriate accomodation x

Comment

My GP is very sypathetic but as with all agencies can do nothing until eviction has ocurred.
                        G

Comment

Have you spoken with Blemain at all ?

I wonder if you can take (or push them to take) legal action against your daughter to enforce sale of the flats to pay off the loan. Personal Guarantors should be last resort - if these flats have money in them then Blemain should go for those before coming after your guarantee. ( oh ignore that now)

Also might be an idea to have a look at the guarantee and loan agreement documents. They are generally quite unfair it is a possibility to consider defending any action Blemain try and take against you.

edit: Ah
                          o you put up your own home as guarantee instead of one of the four properties she owns
                          Bugger.

SO definitely get that paperwork looked at. Have you been through offers reduced payments and all of that ??
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd September 2015, 06:54:AM.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would hope that a judge would be very unwilling to make a disabled pensioner homeless but that is just me. As for your grandchildren, I am afraid that I think you need to think of yourself first, anyway come the revolution I will not allow any significant inheritance lol

Seriously though, if they have one iota of compassion they will want their grandad to be comfortable, if they want to make it, they can make it on their own without a big inheritance. Ok so I am 50 and over the years my parents have given me a few grand which has not been repaid but I would rather my mother spent it on having a good life than scrimp so she could leave us some money. She is doing her best , on a cruise on the Dalmatian coast .

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Have you spoken with Blemain at all ?

I wonder if you can take (or push them to take) legal action against your daughter to enforce sale of the flats to pay off the loan. Personal Guarantors should be last resort - if these flats have money in them then Blemain should go for those before coming after your guarantee. ( oh ignore that now)

Also might be an idea to have a look at the guarantee and loan agreement documents. They are generally quite unfair it is a possibility to consider defending any action Blemain try and take against you.

edit: Ah Bugger.

SO definitely get that paperwork looked at. Have you been through offers reduced payments and all of that ??
                              Thank you Amethyst my situation is very complicated and I am unsure as to how much I should include on the thread may I email you with a fully detailed explanation for consideration? I will of course post anything you recommend.
                              G

Comment

Thank you Bernie but I do not envisage any inheritance being available either large or small but I appreciate your views.
                                G

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X