• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

eviction looming help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eviction looming help needed

Just to reassure you
    A S8 notice is valid if there are more than 8 weeks rent arrears but i am fairly sure that if you can get the arrears to less than 8 weeks it invalidates the notice. In any event it still has to go to court and I know of someone who has saved several people from eviction at the last moment ( well to be totally accurate , some she was able to delay the eviction)

A S21 notice can only be served when the agreed tenancy is at the end although some agents/landlords issue them at the start of the tenancy in order to reduce time should they need to get someone out. They do have a finite life span of ( I think 1 year) . Even when the notice period on a S21 notice has expired (that is 2 full months - if paying monthly it would be two rent periods) the LL has to then apply to a court for a warrant , that then has to be executed so from serving a good S21 I am told it takes a minimum of 5 months to actually get someone out.

The opinion above is not mine but my understanding of what a very kind lady who sadly no longer posts on here told me when I had some teensy problems. She knows who she is so thanks D.M.

Comment

Brill I fee l loads better knowing all this what a great forum . Your all so helpful . I've just been told he is still in benidorm . Unsure when he is back but if it is tomorrow I will be round my daughters to make sure he doesn't try anything. I will tell him all the above as suggested and if he continues to threaten to "come clean" I will of already done so by telling shelter . Just to understand a little about section 8 if the arrears are more than 2 month what happens then . Does he still have to apply to court and would it still take the same amount of time to be awarded . Sorry I just want to be armed with info if he brings that up

Comment

Also should I tell him that I've spoken and confessed all to shelter

Comment

A section * depends on the frequency you pay your rent
          Step 1, LL issues a S8 notice to quit giving you two rent cycles to go (thats 2 weeks if you pay weekly and 2 months if you pay monthly). At the end of that if you haven't gone he has to go to court to get an eviction order, that can take a few weeks. The order is granted (although Judges do not like to be seen to be making people homeless unnecessarily so sometimes you can get the eviction stayed) . If you do not then leave by the date the judge has set the LL goes back to court to get the bailiffs in to forcibly remove you (not violently but they make sure you are out) . Unfortunately if you want to be considered for rehousing by the council , and if you are single with no dependant children , you are low priority , you have to stick it out to the bitter end . It;s wrong IMO but the way it is

Comment

Thank you so much everyone the help you ha e given I finally have a bit of piece . Ll went quiet an had no more messages . Although he knocked on neighbours asking if they had any problems with noise etc . My neighbours said no later that night my daughter went home to no water we rung water board and they came to investigate and turns out it had been turned off at the drain. Can't prove it was him but seems all a bit suss . Anyway managed to get alternative accommodation for the girls . So it will all be over soon. Once again thank you so much

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X