• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - timeline: ES Parking Enforcement/ZZPS/Wright Hassall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - timeline: ES Parking Enforcement/ZZPS/Wright Hassall

Dear LB guidance please,

In April I received 2 PCN's on consecutive days. One for a ticket I was given and took in good faith, on returning to my car I had a PCN window sticker, and on close inspection I had been given a bogus ticket, my trust in humanity dissolved. I had held out the cash for it but the scammer refused, said he'd been called away by his boss to another area, and didn't require it. To be honest he did look a bit dodgy and I should've followed my instinct! I contacted the police and they said they'd need more evidence, it would be difficult to prove I'd been scammed by ES Parking to 'up their revenue' (I've since got more details!?). While I waited for the police to consider my complaint, I wrote to ES, told them the police were considering the matter and meanwhile, without prejudice offered £10 in line with an empty car park as it was Easter Holidays. They said "no and returned my cheque".

The following day I bought a ticket as usual placed it on the dash. When I returned my heart sank as I spied another PCN plastered to the screen. Turns out my legit. ticket (BTW these are non-sticky backed) had flipped onto the seat (right way up mind). I wrote to ES with a copy of the legit ticket. They said "no"

ZZPS dropped me some letters chasing the PCN's marked-up by 60%. I filed them.

Cue letters from Wright Hassall LLP (incidentally WH LLP is the parent co. for Wright Hassall Leamington Ltd a sub co. that they resurrected 2 years back so it's a little fishy?). Now they're threatening me with CCJ's and the fees have risen to an exorbatant £360 for each debt they claim on behalf of their client ZZPS. I have written to them asking for a full explanation of the charges their client is bringing about.

Okay, the first PCN = naivety/stupidity (though I now have some interesting details) and the second honestly, well I am frustrated. It was a seriously blustery day, on closing the door a combination of both must have made the ticket flutter on to the seat, but it could be clearly seen!

I await your thoughts on what I should consider next?
    Last edited by billofrights; 20th September 2015, 15:35:PM. Reason: additional detail
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - timeline: ES Parking Enforcement/ZZPS/Wright Hassall

With no appeals available you can either pay or ignore anything but a letter before claim or court papers.

I'd ignore, filing all junkmail in case i needed it.

M1

Comment

I have now received a Formal Letter of Claim, from WH, BTW they have upped the outstanding balance to a whopping £380, as ZZPS "their client" was originally asking for £160! WH failed to outline the particulars of their clients claim despite my request. The WH FLofC is ambiguous though states it is in compliance with the applicable Pre Action Protocols...http:// link etc., oh and that they "look forward to hearing from me".
      It is unsigned, as their earlier letters. Honestly, I'm tiring of this, and would like to bring this to a conclusion, in fact I am well up for a fight - in court, if it comes to that! Ready to prepare for battle. Comments most welcome as to my stance on defence and what to expect next?
      :fencing:

Comment

Can you post it up without your details.

M1

Comment

Here you go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1166771
          Last edited by Kati; 20th September 2015, 15:41:PM.

Comment

Bogroll. File it.

M1

Comment

Thanks. Its filed. I'll update as and when there are any developments...though, I'm fit for a fight!

Comment

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you having just received a Formal Letter of Claim yesterday and I wondered if you had heard any more from WH based on you "filing" your Formal Letter of Claim please?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I am in the same situation as billofrights with a Formal Letter of Claim being received by myself yesterday and wondered if I too should file this - they are most intimidating with their content of this letter?

Thank you.

Comment

If it says zzps are the client then yes.

M1

Comment

Hi,

I complained bitterly to the SRA re. the threatening nature of the letters from WH (noting WHLLP according the letterhead, and not WH Leamington Ltd - as there are 2 sister solicitors firms with different company numbers and incorporation dates, share the same address, plus some directors) and the escalating money demands with each letter. Nothing back from SRA yet (will chase-up), but received a letter from WHLLP complaints dept. placing my file 'on-hold' while they look into the matter. All filed, and ready when they are!

Comment

Many thanks - yes - ZZPS as client. I haven't entered into any correspondence whatsoever with them thus far and assume I should maintain this course of action.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks - yes - ZZPS as client. I haven't entered into any correspondence whatsoever with them thus far and assume I should maintain this course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by keirism1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

:okay:

M1

Comment

Hi everyone, does anybody have any recent updates relating to zpps and Wright Hassall?

I'm trying to do some online research and can't seem to find any posts to say how things ended by using the 'ignore the letters' tactic.

Any help would be great 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoB View Post
                            Hi everyone, does anybody have any recent updates relating to zpps and Wright Hassall?

I'm trying to do some online research and can't seem to find any posts to say how things ended by using the 'ignore the letters' tactic.

Any help would be great 

Ignoring only ends when they do something or the 6 year statute of limitation kicks in. Since a debt collector can't do shit, only the owner can, then nothing is happening.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by keirism1 View Post
                              I've just had a slightly different looking letter, but it says "We have been instructed by ZZPS Limited, who are acting on behalf of National Car Parks Ltd" etc, so I guess that means ZZPS are their 'client' and so Wright Hassall can go hang? Ta.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X