• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sparkie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sparkie

Today is crunch day for Margaret & me..............She has been monitored for the last 18 months and today I have to take her to the Countess of Chester Hospital mental health clinic to see the top Psychiatrist Guy...............Margie has never been officially diagnosed and recorded as being a Dementia sufferer........so they now tell me......which I don't really understand why .......today she will be assessed as to what type of dementia she has, and officially recorded on her medical files.
    I hope to know more after 2.00pm today.......................Anyone any thoughts on this ........as to why it has this taken so long to get around to this.
    Comments anyone
    Sparkie

Comment

Presumably knowing the type ( alzheimers, vasular, frontal ) will help know how to manage her condition and treat it, and manage risks. Plus if anything happens ( accident / illness etc) it will show on her notes so she can receive appropriate care.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Presumably knowing the type ( alzheimers, vasular, frontal ) will help know how to manage her condition and treat it, and manage risks. Plus if anything happens ( accident / illness etc) it will show on her notes so she can receive appropriate care.
        Thanks Amethyst
        I guess you are 100% right.........but I can't understand why its taken so long. I can say that I do get one day a week respite ....she goes to a day respite centre on a Wednesday.
        The trouble is she understands where she is going today and is getting VERY agitated at this moment about it so will have to log off...bvack this afternoon I hope
        Sparkie

Comment

Hi Sparkie, hope all goes well today for you and Margaret and you get some answers to questions you may have.
          There is a bit of info HERE about the diagnosis and time scales, not that any times scales can be guaranteed any more on the NHS sadly.
          One thing I have discovered with Dementia through my dad and my MIL is how much the sufferer can and does change when any sort of medical appointment is on the cards. Seems as though a trigger switches on and all of a sudden most of their symptoms have gone. Not that this is the case in truth, it just seems that way.
          My OH has just this minute left to take his mum in respite and assessment unit she should be in for approx 2 weeks.
          As i have said before you must ask for, or not refuse any help that you can get both with caring and finance. The more you plod on regardless the more you will be left to do so, until there comes a point where you can cope no more and drastic steps may have to be taken.
          Good Luck.
          Enaid x

Comment

I now know more........Margaret has alzheimers, frontal temporal and vascular dementure..........she has been taken off the donzeprazil tabs and is going to be prescribed what was explained as a calming drug .....not valium related but acts as a kind of balm to the brain....to soothe any agitation ...............the Dr did say I do have a big task on my hands in the very near future............good job M's daughter Lyn gives me a hell of lot of support and a lot of her time.............she is one in 10 million without a doubt.
            Thanks everyone for your support with my problems.
            Sparkie

Comment

Gosh, all 3, well at least you have a full diagnosis now and treatment can be adapted accordingly so at least she's not suffering herself too much xxx

(((((((((((((((((((((((( hug )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you and for Margaret xxxxxxxxxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Gosh, all 3, well at least you have a full diagnosis now and treatment can be adapted accordingly so at least she's not suffering herself too much xxx

(((((((((((((((((((((((( hug )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you and for Margaret xxxxxxxxxxx
                Thank you so very much Amethyst:tinysmile_kiss_t4:............No she isn't suffering as such..............I'm not sure how to say this , but she is happy in herself except when she gets confused which sets of the agitation and frustration to the extant sometimes she does attack me and within seconds realises what she has done and comes and puts her arms around and sobs that she is sorry.....................THAT KILLS ME EVERYTIME.
                Sparkie

Comment

:_tighthug__by_darkm xx
                  Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Wishing you guys all the very best.

Wishing hard!

Regards

c
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

As Nelly said before make sure you, and Lyn, accept help that's offered xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not that it's a plus but at least Margaret has been diagnosed (should never have took that long!!). Being on the correct medication will help a lot.

As above and I have said before PLZ PLZ take all the help you can get. You do so much BUT you can't do it all, it will take it's toll on your health too.

Wish I could do more.........always on the other end of the phone, day or night xx

PLZ look after yourself as well.

TINKS XX

Comment

Re: Sparkies Better Half and Caravan Dealer

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                          No-one knows what I'm going through ..................one or two who have had to deal with dementure have an idea but no-one really knows.............the person I knew just 3 months ago just isn't here any more........just a human frame .............a couple of times she has forgotten my name...........
                          S
                          She is there you just have to work hard to find her. You have all those memories of her that you have built together. On your bad days, think of the good days.

Comment

M has had her medication changed to Memantine Hydrochloride Oral solution ..................any fellow cares have their partners or wards on this ..............and give ideas/reports on how good it is etc etc.
                            Would appreciate it....................have had a rundown by the medical people .......but always like any extra info if available from first hand.

Sparkie

Comment

Hi Sparkie

No personal experience, but I found this.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                                Hi Sparkie

No personal experience, but I found this.
                                Thanks CTW,
                                Already read this................plus others
                                Sparkie.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X