• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sparkie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkie

Sunday Margaret just went and dis appeared ...I was cooking her evening meal and she was gone in the blink of an eye..........luckily we found here nearly a mile away ...ALL the family out in all directions .......when found ...she was totally disorientated and confused.
    She had her 6 month assessment carried out today and the only concern the assessor was concerned about was the fact she does this...........I now .have to fit an alarm on the doors now to give me a warning if she goes off again I can't lock her in ....................But we were told if the police get involved in finding her they would consider it a waste of police time................they would consider having her sectioned ...........not having that in any way.............not going to happen.................NO WAY.
    Serious steps will be taken to prevent that.................NO ONE knows what it is really like.........hoping on some restitution from our claim to give us a little boost to our finances to use to make the quality of her life better..........it will only get worse now in my opinion
    Tags: None

Re: Sparkies Better Half and Caravan Dealer

Sparkie
    I do know what you are going through, but you are strong and however difficult things are you will cope.
    M's son and daughter in law aside, what you do have is actually priceless, the love and support of your close family and the strength to carry on,
    D
    xx

Comment

Sparkie
      I'm too choked up to say anything except to endorse all above comments.
      Des

Comment

No-one knows what I'm going through ..................one or two who have had to deal with dementure have an idea but no-one really knows.............the person I knew just 3 months ago just isn't here any more........just a human frame .............a couple of times she has forgotten my name...........
        S

Comment

Daughter has just taken M out for the morning thought I was going to do that ........but gives me a break............

Comment

Re: Sparkie

Let me post up the exact position of the situation as it stands.
            M’s son says He will instruct PT to tell B/H that he accepts the offer that they drop all claims for her costs and walk away………PROVIDING I accept the offer of £300 on offer at the moment.
            That is OK with me………………….BUT I know that B/H will also want me to agree to cease and withdraw all claims against them, not to initiate or re-instate any further claims son has said that he will act as M’s Litigation Friend under the following conditions
            past present and future.
            Withdraw all complaints to the FOS, FCA and the ICO etc.
            I just can’t do that.
            I am certain of this because I have just had a letter from the FOS saying that I made the complaint to them about how they have treated Margaret 15 days over the 6 months time scale. The FOS wrote to B/H asking them to agree to the FOS looking into the complaint.
            Black Horse refused, the FOS asked if I could provide a good reason/reasons why it was made late and if they are strong enough, they will use the extremity of their power look into the matter anyway.
            I sent the FOS this hoping they will accept this as enough evidence to warrant them investigation out of time.
            Dear Shaan Kandola,
            Re Mrs Georges Comlaint about Black Horse Limited
            Your Ref 1727-5451/SK/CD51
            Thank you for your letter received today about the complaint I made on behalf of my partner Mrs George.

I must say that after all the issues in the dispute and complaint I am not at all surprised that Black Horse have not agreed to the Ombudsmans Service looking into the complaint, for reason I believe any investigation by any independent authority will uncover the claims I have made on Mrs Georges behalf, which are wide ranging to have substantial merit.

I believe that the complaint was made a couple of weeks outside the 6 months time scale.
            The reasons I ask for my partner Mrs Georges complaint to be considered as a very exceptional case is, as I have made known to the Ombudsmans Service, I am the registered full time carer for Mrs George ( 24 hrs a day 7 days a week) as she suffers from dementure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and severe arthritis of her and finger and wrist joints.

To gather all the facts in a presentable manner and carry out my duties as a carer and partner took longer than usual under the circumstances. I don’t think a couple of weeks late to be significantly out of time.

Black Horse are and have been aware of Mrs Georges circumstances, they are also aware that any investigation into the manner they have abused Mrs George in the handling of her complaint, would be much more than serious embarrassment to Black Horse and the Lloyds Bank Group as a whole.

Black Horse are relying on the facts that they can stop the Financial Ombudsman from going any further leaving the only alternative for Mrs George to be via the Courts, which both of us being over 78 yrs old, both of us on pension credit, having no funds to obtain legal representation, pursuit of the justice via the Courts she deserves for the wrongdoings of Black Horse is very remote.

Black Horse are well aware of this and is the reason for their non agreement for the Ombudsman to look into her complaint. They knew that due to the constraints on my daily time I would struggle to meet the deadline of 6 months.

My personal view is that this is a prime example of the power of the Financial sector by way of position and monetary clout.

That being said I beg the Ombudsman on Mrs Georges behalf to use the powers available and look deeper into Mrs Georges complaint.
            Yours very respectfully and sincerely.

W.B e
            for and on behalf of Mrs

In my case I am just answers to the two questions away from proving fraudulent wrongdoings about the sale of my PPI ( not just miss selling), and which ever way they answer will in my opinion will prove that fraud…. once proved will negate all Court orders acts of Parliament etc etc ………LORD DENNING in Lazarus v Beasley Estates. And that will hit B/H hard…..But looks like I’m going to be stuffed, tied up skewered, stuck in the oven and burnt to a crisp
            Can anyone at see why I am so wound up and depressed at the same time, I feel like my head is bursting with anger, frustration confusion and other stuff I don’t know the words for.

Comment

Some info here Sparkie about why people with Dementia 'wander' and some hints on how to try and prevent it or indeed deal with it http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=152 am sorry if you have read this stuff or you have been told about it.
              As you know my dad had Alzheimers be it a blessing in disguise and might sound cruel but his mobility was shot so he was unable to wander even if he was compelled to.
              My MIL is a different matter and is in the initial stage of the horrid illness, the signs are very much there that she will wander as she often refers back to her working days (she even thinks she will retire soon) she's 84 by the way lol. Often it is the past that they are searching for, the past they remember and is very much present to them.
              Do accept any help you are offered and demand help if you are not getting it.
              Good days and bad will be had by all concerned, so you must laugh as much as you cry it's the only way, believe me I know xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                Some info here Sparkie about why people with Dementia 'wander' and some hints on how to try and prevent it or indeed deal with it http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=152 am sorry if you have read this stuff or you have been told about it.
                As you know my dad had Alzheimers be it a blessing in disguise and might sound cruel but his mobility was shot so he was unable to wander even if he was compelled to.
                My MIL is a different matter and is in the initial stage of the horrid illness, the signs are very much there that she will wander as she often refers back to her working days (she even thinks she will retire soon) she's 84 by the way lol. Often it is the past that they are searching for, the past they remember and is very much present to them.
                Do accept any help you are offered and demand help if you are not getting it.
                Good days and bad will be had by all concerned, so you must laugh as much as you cry it's the only way, believe me I know xxxxxxxxx
                Thanks for your advice enaid....I agree it seems sufferers search for the past ..........she can remember where she lived in the past but cannot remember where she lives now............one of the things that disturb me is her appetite is declining and she used to love her food no matter what.....now she doesn't like what she used to and says she likes what she didn't like.
                Sparkie

Comment

my grandfather had dementia so I can understand a little of what you have to deal with . Sometimes the sufferers re looking for a safe place or a safe time . My grandfather retreated to 1936 then he was happiest and most successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                    Thanks for your advice enaid....I agree it seems sufferers search for the past ..........she can remember where she lived in the past but cannot remember where she lives now............one of the things that disturb me is her appetite is declining and she used to love her food no matter what.....now she doesn't like what she used to and says she likes what she didn't like.
                    Sparkie
                    Yes the appetite does change I know my dad used to say most savoury food tasted salty even pies from shops he'd been having for years. He gained a very sweet tooth although he always liked his puds and this is very common too. I wouldn't worry too much as long as she is getting little and often but do make sure she drink plenty fluids. Water infections are another down side of Dementia so fluids very importent.

Comment

Sparkie, you will get through it, I did and Im here to offer support to others if possible.

As well as the Alzheimers my husband had expressive dysphasia, so was unable to verbally communicate. I had to spoon feed my husband, then all of a sudden he went through a phase when he kept his lips tightly closed and just refused to eat, The only food I could tempt him with was mars bars, so mars bars it was for a while as they were better thn nothing at all.

Re the conditional litigation friend issue, you must follow your own instincts and try not to be swayed by others
                      D
                      xx

Comment

Just been made to feel a little better .......daughter has just rung and said they got the " Barbe" out and M's filling her face and enjoying herself.
                        Brilliant!!
                        Sparkie

Comment

Things haven't been too bad the last few days ups and downs, I have discovered that M goes missing when she loses sight of her cat.......she loves it to pieces, if the cat goes out and she can see it .....OK......... but if it hides in the Garden she gets agitated and is off looking for it.............the cat can be in the garden ............but she takes off and disappears.............have put a contact buzzer on the front door that lets me know when its opened ....a bit annoying really but I'll have to get used to that.............I'm just posting for chat reasons really..........anyone else with this "walkies" problem .......may a buzzer could be of assistance.

Sparkie

Comment

Awaiting social worker for a referral for a door alarm for MIL, I said it wouldn't be long before she wandered and early Sunday morning (2.30) her neighbours returning from holiday saw her in the street with her handbag wrapped in a towel, She told the neighbours it was a baby and it was cold. They rang BIL and he took her home then she stayed at other BILs on Sunday (we were away) he called the dr and she has a water infection that can cause real problems and greater confusion than normal. She's due to see dr again on Thursday.
                            Also being fitted a smoke alarm connected to phone line and she will have a falls pendant for emergencies in the home.
                            Glad things have settled down for you a little Sparkie and you have a reason for the wandering every little helps.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              Awaiting social worker for a referral for a door alarm for MIL, I said it wouldn't be long before she wandered and early Sunday morning (2.30) her neighbours returning from holiday saw her in the street with her handbag wrapped in a towel, She told the neighbours it was a baby and it was cold. They rang BIL and he took her home then she stayed at other BILs on Sunday (we were away) he called the dr and she has a water infection that can cause real problems and greater confusion than normal. She's due to see dr again on Thursday.
                              Also being fitted a smoke alarm connected to phone line and she will have a falls pendant for emergencies in the home.
                              Glad things have settled down for you a little Sparkie and you have a reason for the wandering every little helps.
                              Thanks Enaid,
                              I think the wandering is the biggest problem for any carer for people with dementia.........you just don't know when it will happen and have to be on your toes every minute day and night.

Sparkie
                              Last edited by Sparkie1723; 15th September 2015, 12:56:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X