• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ATOS PIP assessment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATOS PIP assessment.

Hello,

My name is Abi and I would like some advice. early this year my partner tom was asked to go 20 miles to an atos assessment centre to be assessed for PIP. I went with him, helped him get there giving directions and comforting him. He has aspergers - a form of autism, and gets very anxious in public.
    during the meeting tom was asked many questions, some of which he didn't understand and I 'translated' the questions for him and gave the paramedic conducting the interview some context as to the level of help he needs day to day.
    we felt the meeting went well and I was able to give the paramedic a good understanding of toms needs. we left feeling positive.
    the problems began when tom was told he was not eligible for pip. I spoke to atos and the dwp, called the national autistic society who very helpfully also spoke to the dwp, they were able to get a copy of the assessment paperwork and send me a copy. the NAS sent off for a mandatory reconsideration on toms behalf, but that fell through. I was advised not to go for an appeal as the dap would only look at the assessment paperwork and there was no hope. we were told to wait and reapply with the NAS behind us from the start. this is what we have done.
    the assessment paperwork I have mentioned was appalling!! it was lie after lie after lie. it has questions and a point system, if someone needs no help they score 0. toms overall score was 0. what the paramedic had done is score him 0 for all sections, and then written underneath in the comments section what help he needs. the dwp don't look at the comments section.
    so that is why he was refused pip. it stated blatant lies such as tom was able to maintain eye contact, speak clearly and at the right tone - he is autistic and unable to do any of these.
    under food preparation they stated that he can do this but doesn't always bother - its not a case of can't be bothered, his autism can make it so he doesn't feel hunger - especially when he is in deep concentration with one of his obsessions. the house could be burning down but he would still be engrossed in his computer.
    it stated he doesn't like talking on the telephone - HE CANT TALK ON THE TELEPHONE to people he doesn't now, he uses FaceTime to contact relatives only as its better for him, I make all his phone calls.
    it says he can struggle to understand body language but he has no assistance with this- i assist him with this daily.
    it states that he does have budgeting issues. but that is all.
    Tom and I struggled for ages working hard and improving his anxiety to the point he was able to get a job. first with mcdonalds but it was far too noisy, bright and busy, but when you have never had a full time job none wants to employ you, mcdonalds did. he worked there for a couple of months then we found him some night work at a warehouse. he had just started this job when he went for the assessment. pip is not income related, so it doesn't matter if he has a job or not. because tom wants a normal life he wanted to try and work, and the paperwork suggests that because of this he shouldn't be entitled to pip.
    it also lied about him not needing prompting - something i did throughout the assessment.

so thats our story, i want whats best for tom and he has been treated so unfairly by atos. i want tom to get the pip he has been entitled too since the beginning of the year. we are now starting a fresh claim - i am now his appointee to act as appointed by the DWP and we have the NAS behind us, along with another group that help people with special needs claim entitlements.

i need advice on how to claim the backpay entitlements that tom should have received if it weren't for the lies from atos, maybe claim for the distress caused aswell. i want whats best for tom, he really deserves it.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: ATOS PIP assessment.

I have also found out that the liar who works for atos is a spiritual medium.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X