• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** A bar was put in place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A bar was put in place

Yes thank Amethyst, even so I can't any problem here.

Comment

Re : Jurisdiction
      Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      It's also things like limitations in cut and dried limitation cases like medical negligence, employment, human rights etc or where a court claim has been brought when it should be an application to an official body etc instead. . . . .
      Indeed.
      Though a challenge to 'Jurisdiction' would also be said to apply if a matter was brought to the wrong Court, e.g. a serious indictable offence with a custodial sentence in the Magistrates, a youth prosecution in the Magistrates, a civil claim in the Crown Court, a private Criminal prosecution in the County Court, Judicial Review in the Small Claims Court, etc.

Where a respondent seeks to frustrate a claim against them, it is not uncommon to claim that it has been brought to the wrong Court, particularly if the claim is poorly drafted and includes elements of both Criminal and Civil wrongs. I wonder if this is what the motor dealer is attempting to use as a delaying tactic.

Comment

Hi Guys
        I am hope someone can tell me what DQ Sent means this has been added to my on-line claim
        It says Defendant filed a defence on 03/09/2015 at 08:01:43
        and then
        DQ sent to defendant the bar is still in place how long will the bar be in place
        Thanks everyone for the help you have all given me I really appreciate it

Comment

It means directions questionnaire.

It's a document filled in by both parties to a claim and it is designed to give the (district) judge the information necessary to decide which track to allocate the claim to. It is a requirement to complete; failure to do so will likely result in the claim/defence being struck out.

Call the court re: your question on the bar - I would say it ought only to be a matter of days.

Comment

He could be doing this as he sold me the car when the handbrake was faulty and also when I told him parts were missing from the engine he said that they must have fallen off on my way home from the garage in part of the communication he told me that taking him to court will be lengthy and he would defend using his legal insurance and he said it would be very costly I will not drop this

Comment

Well, you have us.

Comment

lol, I don't think his defence that 'parts must have dropped off on your way home' will really cut it xx

I can't see why he is defending - he made an offer to refund you in full and you accepted - hasn't paid and now you are pushed into going into court. Was this offer/acceptance in writing at all ? ( evidentially wise) and can you tell us a bit more about that ?

Can you post up your particulars of claim and his defence (when you get it) just so we know where you're at xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by emerson1988 View Post
                  he said it would be very costly
                  For him?:doggieyes:
                  Last edited by Kati; 4th September 2015, 18:57:PM.

Comment

It might cost the dealer if he uses a solicitor then he will have to pay for him as i understand its not worth paying for one you cannot claim the fees back am i correct

Comment

I have everything in writing CAB and Trading Standards also have everything i did accept his offer on a number of occasions he made the offer and i accepted it on the 31st March but as the car has faulty handbrake I made it clear that i wasn't going to drive the car even though the dealer insisted the car was legal and can be driven on the road this is not the case so i asked the dealer to collect the car or I can arrange to get the car back to the dealer at his cost as he sold me the car with faulty brakes i will post the defence as soon as I get It the dealer even told me that when you buy a car you can drive it away with out tax as you have 7 days to tax the car I am will not brake the law at all i never have and never will the dealer seems to tell a lot of lies to his customers going back to the part where i should have had 3 month's warranty i have just checked the dealers web site and he doesn't use warranty wise any more we informed warranty wise with all our problems and issues they were going to call the dealer
                      I hope to have the defence today and i would love any help/advise from you guys
                      I will wait to see what lies he has wrote in his defence

Comment

Originally posted by emerson1988 View Post
                        It might cost the dealer if he uses a solicitor then he will have to pay for him as i understand its not worth paying for one you cannot claim the fees back am i correct
                        Basically "YES"
                        Only very little costs can be recovered, unless the other side has behaved unreasonably.

Look forward to seeing the defence

Comment

here is my particulars of claim can someone give me there thoughts on this I will post the defence when I get it today
                          I had a brain tumour removed last year and i thought I would treat myself as its the first time i have had the money to be able to buy a car outright and then this happens i am not prepared to let this go the dealer new what he was selling I think its terrible that they can try and get away with things i have noticed he has changed wording on his web site

Claim for the full refund of £4495 that was offered and accepted on the 31st March for acar Bought on the 15th March is not fit for purpose not as advertised Car Judders when accelerating Handbrake is faulty and was when we bought the car,this makes the car un-roadworthy.Parts missing from the engine been told the idler/pulley/tensioner elastic belt drive belt missing 4X4 light on engine management light on Bad clunking noise from the rear of the car Very strong smell of fumes in the rear of the car nasty smell when the car is started and when the car is stood No 3 month Warranty even though a big thing made about the warranty full price was paid to keep the 3 months warranty if discount was given then no warranty we bought up issues when we tested the car but was assured things were normal and would be OK once driven we are no mechanics so we took dealers word/advice.Citizens Advice and Trading Standards Ref AW-12740281 they have full details and copy of all communication.Dealer has now backtracked on this offer.
                          Last edited by emerson1988; 7th September 2015, 09:26:AM.

Comment

Here is the defence that they have filed with the courts

We sold the claimant a BMW X3 on 15th March 2015 for the below market price of £4495. The car had done 150000 miles which is high mileage but was driven away by the claimant after a thorough inspection and had a full current MOT supplied with it. A few days later the claimant telephoned our office to inform us the car had developed a fault he was advised as the vehicle had a 3 month parts and labour warranty with ourselves to return the vehicle to our premises so we could investigate and rectify any issues.
                            Despite numerous requests by telephone, letter and email the claimant has failed to return the vehicle to us for either rectification of any issues or a refund and also failed to supply an independent report as to the validity of his claims regarding the purported faults. We have responded diligently to all correspondence throughput this process and still we have not been given the opportunity to examine the vehicle. The claimants warranty has now expired as this situation remains unresolved by him for some 6 months despite our best efforts to have the vehicle returned to us. We find it astonishing that he chooses to use Court time when this matter could of been resolved at no cost to himself back in March 2015. We are reputable used car dealers with FCA authorisation and VAT registered with 25 years experience within the motor trade and find the claimants attitude towards seeking a resolution to this matter astonishing.

There are a lot of faults in the defence mileage is incorrect we called the dealer the next day with issues and we were told to wait for the warranty details the dealer claimed he had put his own warranty on as i don't have any paper work for this how do i know what is covered and what's not covered i have all the information printed out that i and the dealer have and it contradicts the defence that the dealer has submitted

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Basically "YES"
                              Only very little costs can be recovered, unless the other side has behaved unreasonably.

Look forward to seeing the defence
                              particulars of claim and defence are now posted for you to look at i would be grateful for your thoughts on both particulars of claim and defence
                              :beagle:

Comment

I have hard copies of all communication whe can i supply that to the courts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X