• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

who are/were GE Capital Bank linked to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are/were GE Capital Bank linked to?

Hi

im wading through a mountain of letters and demands and have come across the fact that the Barclaycard i had did not start out as a Barclay card:-( this explains why i could never recall having applied to Barclays.

anyway i have established that before BC, i was with Morgan Stanley, but i also have a letter from Goldfish which may or may not have a connection.

going through my very old bank statements i have come across payments to GE Capital - are they the same as Morgan Stanley?

Any pointers anyone can give will be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: who are/were GE Capital Bank linked to?

Originally posted by Brainmelt View Post
    Hi

im wading through a mountain of letters and demands and have come across the fact that the Barclaycard i had did not start out as a Barclay card:-( this explains why i could never recall having applied to Barclays.

anyway i have established that before BC, i was with Morgan Stanley, but i also have a letter from Goldfish which may or may not have a connection.

going through my very old bank statements i have come across payments to GE Capital - are they the same as Morgan Stanley?

Any pointers anyone can give will be greatly appreciated
    GE Marketed store cards. Branded Credit Cars and staff discount / store cards for companies such as Debenhams.

nem

Comment

Hi

im not sure how i got involved with GE money (or who they are), but i now do not think they are linked to BC/MS/Goldfish. i hope that someone will correct me if i am wrong.

in any event gone back to 06 and discovered MSDW Card Services on my bank statements.

does anyone know please if this is Morgan Stanley? if so where does the DW come from?

also i note that MSDW morphs into MS money August 06, then MS Card services thereafter - is this still the same company?

Thanks

Comment

MSDW = Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.

Try Googling " Cards Issued by GE Capital to see if any fit your records.

Comment

Many thanks Nem for the explanation on MSDW, this helps a lot and clarifies that part of my query.

Thanks also for the advice on GE Money. i will google and see what i come up with.

Comment

Hi
            having trawled through old bank statements, it transpired that i previously held a L Ashley card (without the bank statements i would never have remembered this fact) which explains the GE Money link.

i need to submit a SAR, but reading on here and even google, I'm not clear of which organisation i send the SAR to:-( it appears this side of the business may have been taken over by Santander, who then assigned (some?) store cards to Newday?

should i be contacting
            L Ashley
            GE Money
            Santander or Newday

I'm sure i cannot be the only person in a bit of a pickle confusion:-( advice much appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X