• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Dreaded Acenden Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Dreaded Acenden Thread

I was thinking about this overnight, thinking about what the practical consequences are for the future.

LR records have been amended to show your sole title, or at least will be if your current application is successful and there is no reason it shouldn't be.

In which case, whilst I can see it would be an irritant for her to remain on the mortgage account there are two scenarios where this could potentially cause trouble, if you want to sell or if you want to remortgage. The reality is, though, that in both of those scenarios the existing mortgage would need to be redeemed and so her interest in the transaction would be removed - it may involve a little extra correspondence to explain the situation but the Order you have posted together with a copy of the letter from the lender refusing to amend the mortgage should be sufficient to deal with it. So, being pragmatic, it seems to me that it is of little or no practice consequence?

I'm just wondering whether it is worth the angst it is causing you?

Comment

I have been informed by her solicitor that she is wanting to get a mortgage herself and her name on this one is causing issues.

Hopefully someone may be able to point me in the right direction

Nelix

Comment

Hmm, not sure her solicitor should have told you that, but hey, it ratchets up the pressure on her to be co-operative in getting off yours.

If I were you I would suggest to her that getting off the LR records is one step, stop all that nonsense about needing the court to substitute.

Other than that, I have had no further thoughts, sorry.

Comment

I requested information relating to what Acenden actually do with reference to my mortgage and they have sent me the following:

I am still not sure why they are not able to remove the ex from the mortgage if they are responsible for the administrators of the account. I have no way of contacting SPML after searching online I am unable to find any contact details for them.

I have raised this with the Financial Ombudsmen Service who have raised a complaint on my behalf.
          Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X