• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.

Hope you can help please.

I let a work colleague use my vehicle whilst I was away.

whilst in his possession he rack up several fines one he disputes the rest he is willing to pay.

I have contacted the authority's and informed them of his details and left it at that.

I am now being hounded by Jacobs and rossendale for large amounts of money.

The fine notices clearly state the driver is responsible for the fines and as I provided those details felt I had done what I needed to do.

The removal notices I received by the post do not look anything like the statutory firms and don't include the relevant information.

I have requested a breakdown of fees and a copy of any warrants, from Jacobs several times but received nothing back as yet.

I recently contacted the authority's with regards this but they say as the owner I'm liable, is this correct even after I gave the drivers details and it does say the driver not the owner on the fine notice?

I was attacked by the Jacobs enforcement officer and left badly injured and required four stitches to my lip.

This is all being dealt with by Northampton county court and not a magistrates court.

If I signed my car over to my son could they still take it?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Please help.

Originally posted by Daddy dawson View Post
    Hope you can help please. I let a work colleague use my vehicle whilst I was away. Whilst in his possession he rack up several fines one he disputes the rest he is willing to pay.

I have contacted the authority's and informed them of his details and left it at that.

I am now being hounded by Jacobs and rossendale for large amounts of money.

The fine notices clearly state the driver is responsible for the fines and as I provided those details felt I had done what I needed to do.
    I will address the rest of your query in a few moments.

From the brief outline above it would seem that you may not have properly 'appealed' the parking tickets and instead, provided the name of the driver at a very late stage.

The correct procedure is 'appeal' the ticket is to contact the parking dept of the local authority on receipt of the Notice to Owner (or parking ticket left on the vehicle). If 'representation' is not made a Charge Certificate will be issued and this will be followed by an Order for Recovery. If payment is not made then a Warrant of Control will follow.

It would seem that you wrongly believe that just because you called the council and gave them somebody else's name as the driver of the car at the time of the initial contravention that this will somehow cancel the ticket. It does not work that way at all. It is were that simple everyone getting a parking ticket would do the same. As a matter of urgency you need to speak with the council to ask them what has happened.

The local authority may be sympathetic if you can provide some evidence that you were out of the country (for example) when the contraventions took place or that you added the other driver to your insurance for the period of time that you were away.

Please post back once you have spoken with the council.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy dawson View Post

I have requested a breakdown of fees and a copy of any warrants, from Jacobs several times but received nothing back as yet.

I recently contacted the authority's with regards this but they say as the owner I'm liable, is this correct even after I gave the drivers details and it does say the driver not the owner on the fine notice?

I was attacked by the Jacobs enforcement officer and left badly injured and required four stitches to my lip. This is all being dealt with by Northampton county court and not a magistrates court.

If I signed my car over to my son could they still take it?

Thank you.
      The legal position is that the driver is assumed to be the person in whose name the vehicle is registered. Accordingly, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary to the local authority, the tickets are your responsibility.

Jacobs should provide a breakdown of the fees to you. Just to reassure you, for each parking ticket a separate Notice of Enforcement must be provided and a Compliance Fee of £75 is added (for each debt). All warrants should be enforced together and just ONE enforcement fee of £235 added. The problem that you seem to be facing is that Rossendale's are also enforcing some debts and I would assume that these are on behalf of a different local authority.

The 'removal notice' is actually not a statutory one and all companies provide their own versions. They are commonly used for information purposes to advise that a visit has taken place.

I am sorry to hear of the injury and note that this matter is being dealt with by the courts so it would be wrong to comment further.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but once a Notice of Enforcement is issued it 'binds any goods' belonging to you and this prohibits your car (or any other goods) from being transferred or sold.

How much roughly is the car worth?

Comment

Could you tell us how the Jacobs EA gave you a split lim requiring stitches (GBH) and what the police are doing about it?

As to the rest have to agree with Milo

Comment

im self employed and my car is vital, does taht make a difference?

Comment

so he turned up after giving 48hrs notice, been doing this for months, ive told him i wasn't the driver ive told the jacobs the court and ive told the council, i did inform them before the time limit of the driver but they claim to have not received this. he clamped my car, no paper work. i went out to cut it off, he waitedtill i wstyring to the cut and stamped on my hand, he pulled me up and punched me then grabbed at me so i put him in a standing headlock choke hold and squeezed, i made hime agree to stop punching me and id let go, as soon as i let go he sucker punched me in the mouth splitting my lip

he said i was being aggressive and denys stamping on my hand claimed he just kicked it away, i have obvious stamp wounds on my hand. the bruises to my face and the body and the four stitches to the lip.

the police arrested us both for affray im bailed unconditional till mid sept. his word against mine only my 14 yr old witnessed the event but the police wont use him as a witness.

Comment

the car is worth about 1500/2000

- - - Updated - - -

im self employed and my car is vital, does taht make a difference?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X