• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking Fine

I too am having the exact same issue with Excel Parking in Chorlton! Basically I also cut through the car park on the way to taking my car to the garage for its MOT, and a few hours later I cut through again on my way home. Excel claim I was parked up! There was no telephone number to call and speak to anyone (apart from an automated payline) so I wrote to them enclosing a scanned copy of my MOT certificate as proof my car was in the garage at the time they claim I was parked up... they claim they never received the letter months later! The CCTV shots they sent show the back of my car in one image and the front of my car in the other... obviously, because I was driving through! I never got any parking charge ticket on my car as it wasn't parked there! Now they tell me it's too late to appeal and if I don't pay they will take me to court. I'm not afraid to go to court, in fact in a way I look forward to it, because it will (hopefully) put an end to this sherade once and for all as I can show my MOT certificate as proof I was not parked there!

I have talked to so many people in Chorlton who have told me the same thing has happened to them, and on the internet there are many people who have (and are) suffering due to Excel Parking and their fake parking charges! Its absolutely disgusting, and this company should be prosecuted for fraud!
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking Fine

Well they'll lose if they ever try court.

What i would do rather than ignore unless/until court papers

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxx in which you state i am too late to appeal. To be frank this is utter garbage. There is no law that prevents you from cancelling your own charge at any time. You are not obliged to carry on with such a reckless attitude that totally ignores the fact that i was not parked as you claim. I have provided proof of my visit to a garage for an MOT so you know for sure that your claims are totally without merit. I really am alarmed at your threats of court action and the possible consequences to myself for doing nothing wrong.

For the avoidance of doubt, should you keep harassing myself despite the clear evidence that you are wrong, you will leave me no choice but to take legal action based on the said harassment. I urge you to take note of Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009), Roberts v Bank of Scotland Plc (Rev 1) [2013] EWCA Civ 882 (11 June 2013), Bank of Scotland v Johnson (Rev 1) [2013] EWCA Civ 982 (19 June 2013) & Harrison v Link Financial Ltd [2011] EWHC B3 (Mercantile) (28 February 2011).

I would urge you to see the facts, see sense and let me sleep in peace.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Re: Excel Parking Fine

Thank you Mystery1, I sent them the reply you suggested and haven't heard anything back (yet). Will keep you posted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X