• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells - Welcome Finance - Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells - Welcome Finance - Court Letter

Originally posted by gardner View Post
    Hi again...!

I sent the second letter to BCS, heard nothing back as yet and i still dont have a response from Lowell.
    Hi garner
    That's as far as you can go with letters. I'm almost 100% sure neither will provide any documents simply because they haven't got them. :flypig:
    Now I can't find my log in for the online tool to file a defence! What do i do?? how can i get another log in? i have no idea where i've put my details!!! Aarrggghhh
    No worries, you can also file it by email to: ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

On the subject heading you put Claim No. xxxxx - Lowell -v- Gardner - DEFENCE :typing:

Comment

So today I received another rubbish letter from BCS. It goes like this...

We write further to your letter received at our civil office on 18th Sept, requesting disclosure under part31 of the civil procedure rules.

We confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefore not apply. In any event the notices of default and assignment left the control of the claimant when they were dispatched to you.

It's the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreement and, in this regard we ask you to refer to your own records.

We confirm that our client is not agreeable to an extension for filing the defence.

As you will be aware a claim was issued in this matter on 18 august. Please respond to the claim using the response pack provided by the court. You should comply with the deadlines outlined by the court in order to avoid a default judgement being entered against you.

We recommend you seek independent legal advice.

It's almost the exact same letter as the last one!!! And still nothing from lowell....

Comment

So today I received another rubbish letter from BCS. It goes like this...

We write further to your letter received at our civil office on 18th Sept, requesting disclosure under part31 of the civil procedure rules.

We confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claims track as this is a simple contractual matter and part 31 of the civil procedure rules will therefore not apply. In any event the notices of default and assignment left the control of the claimant when they were dispatched to you.

It's the original creditors policy to issue agreements at the start of the contract and statements throughout the duration of the agreement and, in this regard we ask you to refer to your own records.

We confirm that our client is not agreeable to an extension for filing the defence.

As you will be aware a claim was issued in this matter on 18 august. Please respond to the claim using the response pack provided by the court. You should comply with the deadlines outlined by the court in order to avoid a default judgement being entered against you.

We recommend you seek independent legal advice.

It's almost the exact same letter as the last one!!!
        That's just his standard template which means zilch as he wouldn't know what the original creditor's policy would have been!

One to be filled under "C" :lol: :lol: :lol:
        And still nothing from lowell....
        That only works to your advantage. :tape: :tape2:

Comment

I'm about to email ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk - what do i need to tell them? is there a template?

Still nothing from Lowell - do i need to respond to BCS with anything at this point???

Comment

I'm about to email ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk - what do i need to tell them? is there a template?
            What is the purpose of your email to the court? I didn't think Carter would have agreed to an extension, did he? :noidea:

Still nothing from Lowell - do i need to respond to BCS with anything at this point???
            No, you've already done your bit. Now you'll just have to file the generic defence stating that you have not received the documents, whenever that's due (depending on whether you've got an extension agreed or not). :typing:

Comment

I was going to email that address as I've forgotten my log in to the online portal.

BCS said no to an extension and I think I may have missed the deadline 😕 but I'm going to file that I haven't had the requested documents... not sure what else to do???

Comment

I was going to email that address as I've forgotten my log in to the online portal.
                Ah, your defence. In that case you'd put as the subject: CLAIM XXXXX - LOWELL -v- GARDNER - DEFENCE
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims
                BCS said no to an extension and I think I may have missed the deadline but I'm going to file that I haven't had the requested documents... not sure what else to do???
                It would surprise me if he had agreed to an extension. I see you started posting about your claim on August 24th so it's a little over, however, the courts don't block you from filing a late defence, not as long as they haven't requested default judgment. ray:

You will find examples of generic defences based around not having received anything here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X