• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Originally posted by Paddyandrosie View Post
    We are in the very early stages of this fight, although we have decided we certainly won't be paying his invoice regardless of how much pressure he puts on us. He has already scammed us out of £620.00, he won't be receiving a penny more. We have reported him to HMRC (VAT) and Action Fraud, my next report will go to the Police and Trading Standards. This "Lee Martin" needs to be in prison!
    Great - The more reports the more likelihood of serious action being taken against them.

Comment

Just FYI - I have kept all documentation we have had from and to them and would certainly be willing to surrender them to the police or any other authorised investigating body. :0)

Comment

Worth getting in writing from the NHS trust your advert was meant to be displayed on ( well, at least an ad FOR staffbenefits.co.uk ) that they have no relationship/agreemenet with IME etc.

Alexa rank of Staffbenefits.co.uk is 4,990,252 globally - for comparison LegalBeagles.info is current 181,000 globally.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWMS View Post
          Just FYI - I have kept all documentation we have had from and to them and would certainly be willing to surrender them to the police or any other authorised investigating body. :0)
          How far did they get with you ChrisWMS? Did they take you to court?

Comment

Presume the debt collectors are their own company that they use?! They were also linked to that building company that breached health and safety and an employee was killed.
            if you google ‘Advertising scam Liverpool Echo’ it brings up some very closely linked stories.
            OMS Ltd (who are chasing me) declared themselves ‘dirmant’ Earlier in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Worth getting in writing from the NHS trust your advert was meant to be displayed on ( well, at least an ad FOR staffbenefits.co.uk ) that they have no relationship/agreemenet with IME etc.

Alexa rank of Staffbenefits.co.uk is 4,990,252 globally - for comparison LegalBeagles.info is current 181,000 globally.
              Thanks Amethyst, I'm in communication with the NHS, luckily a family member works in the IT department! I would like a refund from the original invoice, although there is no chance of that as Internet Marketing Experts Ltd is about to be dissolved.

I am so glad I found this website!

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, I'm in communication with the NHS, luckily a family member works in the IT department! I would like a refund from the original invoice, although there is no chance of that as Internet Marketing Experts Ltd is about to be dissolved.

I am so glad I found this website!
                I would also like a refund as my company has never been advertised. Surely if a ‘new’ company now has our contract (it’s the same guy that had IME ltd) and we are still not being advertised, we can get a refund?

Comment

How far did they get with you ChrisWMS? Did they take you to court?
                  Hi, no court, short answer is when we contacted the NHS Trust that the potential Fraudster had said we were being advertised on and there was no link on the Trust's intranet - our stance was no advertising no contract, simple as that (it wasn't as simple as that though) no pay from us, end of.

Comment

Hi, no court, short answer is when we contacted the NHS Trust that the potential Fraudster had said we were being advertised on and there was no link on the Trust's intranet - our stance was no advertising no contract, simple as that (it wasn't as simple as that though) no pay from us, end of.
                    Hiw did you get rid of them? Or once they knew you weren’t stupid, did they just go away?

Comment

Yep that's it - once it was confirmed by Barnsley NHS trust (oops, I have been saying Doncaster) that the link would not be on there intranet they didn't really have anywhere else to go with it (in my opinion). See below our last two letters to them.

Noticeto Agent is Notice to Principal – Notice to Principal is Notice toAgent

YourReference Number: OMS

DearBC / MMcC

Ihave received your letter and “supporting evidence” dated 23January 2017, received 25 January 2017, the contents of which I note,but do not accept.

Ihave done some investigation, through several websites, pertaining toyour dealings with other alleged customers and it appears that yours'and your client's companies are quite notorious in the pursuit ofmoney, others' are alleging this for services that they do not feelyou have or are providing.

Thatsaid, I followed the well laid out trail from these websites and havecontacted Barnsley Hospital NHS FoundationTrust'scommunications department and have received from them a writtenconfirmation that they are:

1. not associated with StaffBenefits.co.uk
                      2. do not have or will be placing a link to StaffBenefits.co.uk on their intranet and
                      3. companies that offer genuine staff benefits can advertise for free themselves on the NHS Benefits web site.
                      4. There is no link to www.staffbenefits.co.uk on the NHS Benefits website either.

Yourt&c's 10.6.Nothing in these Conditions provides for any transfer or assignmentof ownership of any IPRs. (sothe actual adverts themselves could not be assigned), yet you areproviding us with “evidence” that these adverts are onStaffBenefits.co.uk. FYI the advertisement doesn't even have ourname correct and at the time (2014) this company had only been inbusiness a very short timesowould not advertise as “servingcustomers and the local area for many years”. Itseems that in this your client has misrepresented our company.

Forclarity, we believe we do not have a contract with you or your clientregardless, but specifically if they believe we do,

Thereare no advertising “banners” or “links” held with BarnsleyHospital NHS Foundation Trust or held on their intranet Noservice No contract

Youhave provided “evidence” (your words from your letter) thatfalsly claims there is an agreement between the Trust and yourclient, using your nomenclature at same
                      1. 4) “to place a link upon their intranet to staffbenefits.co.uk” and
                        6) “The trust agrees that Internet Media Experts Ltd are granted exclusivity as the sole providers for the provision of this type of web-link / discount service to their for the duration of the agreement” the typing error in this statement is not mine. Again No service No contract

Theadvertisement below is found on the internet again this is not aservice being provided so Nocontract

StaffBenefits
                      www.staffbenefits.co.uk/
                      Fromlocal independents to high street names in your area, every deal isexclusive to Healthcare, Government and Corporate staff signedup to StaffBenefits.

With due regard to the evidence mentioned herein I would like your client to agree to rescission of that contract due to the misrepresentation by your client that a service was being provided but actually it was not.

To move forward,amicably, and tie up any lose ends I request that I am presentedwithin the next 14 days with an invoice of £0.00 total, noted withthe previous sum being invoiced in error or a statement saying thatthere is no tie of contract or service by rescission between mycompany and any companies mentioned here or in your correspondence orthe others mentioned in the contract, after which there will be nofurther communication or pursuance by either party.

If neither of the aboveare provided within the time-scale, I confirm that I will take it asread that you and your client have noted, understood and agree withthe entirety of my communication and any form of connection will berescinded.

Assuring you of mysincere intentions

Withoutmalice or mischief, in sincerity and honour

Yourssincerely

and the last letter we sent and then heard nothing more ..

YourReference Number: OMS0117

DearBC / MMcC

Eventhough we do not agree that we have any contract with your client,nor with you, I will respond on this occasion.

Withregard to your letter dated 2 February 2017, I am astonished anddisconcerted at your inference that the link to your client's websitewas and always had been displayed on the Trust's intranet when infact it was not on at all when I contacted them, nor whenstaffbenefits contacted them after your receipt of my letter. Anemployee of the trust did mistakenly enter the link onto the Trust'sintranet but it has been removed and your client has been made awareof this.

TheOccupational Health Manager for the Trust did not have knowledge ofan agreement between the trust and staffbenefits. I am aware thatyour client has now let them have a copy of the alleged agreement youhad previously sent to me dated Feb 2013.

Evidencegained in my enquiries will be provided to the courts should youpursue that course.

Assuring you of mysincere intentions, without malice or mischief,in sincerity and honour

Yourssincerely

Of course we never got any letter of rescindment or Invoice for £0.00 clearing all others.

Comment

Yep that's it - once it was confirmed by Barnsley NHS trust (oops, I have been saying Doncaster) that the link would not be on there intranet they didn't really have anywhere else to go with it (in my opinion). See below our last two letters to them.

YourReference Number: OMS

DearBC / MMcC

Ihave received your letter and “supporting evidence” dated 23January 2017, received 25 January 2017, the contents of which I note,but do not accept.

Ihave done some investigation, through several websites, pertaining toyour dealings with other alleged customers and it appears that yours'and your client's companies are quite notorious in the pursuit ofmoney, others' are alleging this for services that they do not feelyou have or are providing.

Thatsaid, I followed the well laid out trail from these websites and havecontacted Barnsley Hospital NHS FoundationTrust'scommunications department and have received from them a writtenconfirmation that they are:

1. not associated with StaffBenefits.co.uk
                        2. do not have or will be placing a link to StaffBenefits.co.uk on their intranet and
                        3. companies that offer genuine staff benefits can advertise for free themselves on the NHS Benefits web site.
                        4. There is no link to www.staffbenefits.co.uk on the NHS Benefits website either.

Yourt&c's 10.6.Nothing in these Conditions provides for any transfer or assignmentof ownership of any IPRs. (sothe actual adverts themselves could not be assigned), yet you areproviding us with “evidence” that these adverts are onStaffBenefits.co.uk. FYI the advertisement doesn't even have ourname correct and at the time (2014) this company had only been inbusiness a very short timesowould not advertise as “servingcustomers and the local area for many years”. Itseems that in this your client has misrepresented our company.

Forclarity, we believe we do not have a contract with you or your clientregardless, but specifically if they believe we do,

Thereare no advertising “banners” or “links” held with BarnsleyHospital NHS Foundation Trust or held on their intranet Noservice No contract

Youhave provided “evidence” (your words from your letter) thatfalsly claims there is an agreement between the Trust and yourclient, using your nomenclature at same

1. 4) “to place a link upon their intranet to staffbenefits.co.uk” and
                          6) “The trust agrees that Internet Media Experts Ltd are granted exclusivity as the sole providers for the provision of this type of web-link / discount service to their for the duration of the agreement” the typing error in this statement is not mine. Again No service No contract

Theadvertisement below is found on the internet again this is not aservice being provided so Nocontract

StaffBenefits
                        www.staffbenefits.co.uk/
                        Fromlocal independents to high street names in your area, every deal isexclusive to Healthcare, Government and Corporate staff signedup to StaffBenefits.

With due regard to the evidence mentioned herein I would like your client to agree to rescission of that contract due to the misrepresentation by your client that a service was being provided but actually it was not.

To move forward,amicably, and tie up any lose ends I request that I am presentedwithin the next 14 days with an invoice of £0.00 total, noted withthe previous sum being invoiced in error or a statement saying thatthere is no tie of contract or service by rescission between mycompany and any companies mentioned here or in your correspondence orthe others mentioned in the contract, after which there will be nofurther communication or pursuance by either party.

If neither of the aboveare provided within the time-scale, I confirm that I will take it asread that you and your client have noted, understood and agree withthe entirety of my communication and any form of connection will berescinded.

Assuring you of mysincere intentions

Withoutmalice or mischief, in sincerity and honour

Yourssincerely

and the last letter we sent and then heard nothing more ..

YourReference Number: OMS0117

DearBC / MMcC

Eventhough we do not agree that we have any contract with your client,nor with you, I will respond on this occasion.

Withregard to your letter dated 2 February 2017, I am astonished anddisconcerted at your inference that the link to your client's websitewas and always had been displayed on the Trust's intranet when infact it was not on at all when I contacted them, nor whenstaffbenefits contacted them after your receipt of my letter. Anemployee of the trust did mistakenly enter the link onto the Trust'sintranet but it has been removed and your client has been made awareof this.

TheOccupational Health Manager for the Trust did not have knowledge ofan agreement between the trust and staffbenefits. I am aware thatyour client has now let them have a copy of the alleged agreement youhad previously sent to me dated Feb 2013.

Evidencegained in my enquiries will be provided to the courts should youpursue that course.

Assuring you of mysincere intentions, without malice or mischief,in sincerity and honour

Yourssincerely

Of course we never got any letter of rescindment or Invoice for £0.00 clearing all others.
                        Fantastic. Thank you. So you wrote two letters and didn’t get a response to either. Well done you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
                          Fantastic. Thank you. So you wrote two letters and didn’t get a response to either. Well done you.
                          No we got a response to the first letter (which had prompted their client to contact the Trust) and we responded to it in our second letter :0)

I suppose putting in this caveat - helped close this BTW - all the missed spaces etc are down to the transfer of script and are not in my letters :0)

"

If neither of the aboveare provided within the time-scale, I confirm that I will take it asread that you and your client have noted, understood and agree withthe entirety of my communication and any form of connection will berescinded."

Comment

No we got a response to the first letter (which had prompted their client to contact the Trust) and we responded to it in our second letter :0)

I suppose putting in this caveat - helped close this BTW - all the missed spaces etc are down to the transfer of script and are not in my letters :0)

"

If neither of the aboveare provided within the time-scale, I confirm that I will take it asread that you and your client have noted, understood and agree withthe entirety of my communication and any form of connection will berescinded."
                            Yes fantastic. I have asked five times now for a copy of their contract with my local NHS and no response at all.
                            They forget that my business is NHS dentistry so surely I would have it on my Intranet?!

Comment

Sorry one more question, what was their response to your first letter?

Comment

I have taken a photo of what they sent me as a contract between them and Trust but I can't see to upload it.

Basically, the first paragraph In effect says that the Trust would have to give notice on day one just to end the contract after two years - AS IF a professional senior trust employee would read that first paragraph and go ahead and sign it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X