• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - The General Advertising Company Ltd NHS Intranet Adverti

Hi. I'm just starting to receive letters and emails from Online Marketing Services Ltd regarding an auto renewal contract taken out over two years ago. It was staffbenefits.co.uk then and we were told we would be advertising on the internal intranet. Can't say we have had any business from it and what's more as I know a large amount of people at the hospital nobody has ever seen our adverts.

They have sent me over a copy of the original signed contract. I can't say anyone ever said anything about auto renewal. I feel like we've been scammed. From the homework I've done on Lee Martin and Claire Martin the directors, they like to hide behind a lot of serviced offices but have found a residence at 17 The Cloisters Blackpool FY3 8LW which I believe they are associated with, despite Claire giving a bed sit as her address. They smack of being scammers to me and I guess like everyone else I don't want my company having anything effect its credit.....

What's the first thing I should do?

Comment

• Re: Internet Media Experts - The General Advertising Company Ltd NHS Intranet Adverti

I think this is where your money is going: http://www.pictaram.com/user/clairem...876_1643922061

Is that a convertible Bentley she's sitting in?

The Directors of OME are the old Directors of IME / General Advertising Company. How did the liquidators allow the contracts to be reassigned to the same Directors? - is that even legal?

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/...2012/3636.html might be of interest

The Council received complaints from trading firms that a number of associated companies (which, because of their various trading names, I shall refer to as the "WeDo Companies"), including EBH Web Limited trading as WeDoTrades ("EBH"), had been involved in a scam, whereby traders had been persuaded to make substantial payments for entry onto an advertising website on the basis of a variety of false claims about the quality and quantity of service they were to receive, including claims of links with large nationally recognised businesses which had no association with the operation at all. An investigation by Ms Bagheri's team ensued, under the name "Operation Toto". There was evidence that some of the companies were phoenix in nature; and that the Claimant and his wife were involved in the WeDo Companies, including evidence that the Claimant was engaged in the management of those companies.
        Has anyone any update from trading standards on IME ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not me - UNFORTUNATELY

Comment

Hi all,

My company just got approached by this outfit. Suffice to say, we didn't take up the offer. However, this forum (and others) piqued our interest....we've written to the individuals/hospitals they use as references to verified the content; will let you know if and what they reply with.

Also, I note that they are charging VAT, but I can't find a VAT number for any of the companies...has anyone actually received/asked for a VAT invoice? Or, got their VAT number?

Best

NeilM.

Comment

Hi everyone - same situation as you all. Can anyone advise what to do? I see the company is listed as DORMANT with Companies House so they shouldn't be trading. Shall I ignore my invoice for £2000 for the next two years?
              I have requested to see the NHS contract they have as we are not listed on the Intranet as promised. No reply.
              I also asked for a VAT receipt. No reply.
              Should I ignore the invoice? I'm scared!

- - - Updated - - -

I asked them for a VAT receipt but they wouldn't give one. They said the VAT reg number is 252622130

Comment

What did you decide to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jonjarman View Post
                Can anyone give me some advice - sorry I know it's quite an old thread.

We signed on the 5th February 2015 with a 'go live' date of the 5th March 2015. We were lied to, told that they had a specific contract with the NHS to repair mobiles and tablets and there were stacks of them waiting to be repaired and this would be an exclusive contract for us to repair them through them. We would also be marked as 'NHS approved' and some window stickers supplied to advertise the fact - plus we'd get exclusive advertising for mobile and tablet repair in our NHS areas.

We refused to pay until we had the stickers, which carried on until 29th June 2015 the stickers kept getting promised and failing to turn up. In the end we just paid as IME then said they would refer to debt collection agency and we didn't want to ruin our credit.

Fast forward two years and out of the blue we receive notification that OMS Online Marketing Services have 'legally been assigned our contract' and we have 7 days to pay an auto renewing contract which we were not made aware of - although it is shown on the contract.

We've received zero enquiries from them, zero 'exclusive rights to repair NHS devices' and feel we've been lied to about the whole thing and now duped into paying another two years.

Can anyone offer any advice please?
                what happened? I’m in same situation now.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ChrisWMS View Post
                Hello All

We too have had all the same tooings and froings (funnily, no contact in the first 24 months though). Then renewal automatic in October last year, but contract assigned to OMS - same old same old.

I have sent a letter to the debt collection agency saying no contract but I won't be entering into any other communications with them from now on. If any valid member wants a look at the letter I am happy to share through Admin if that's ok (it's a good letter)

We have reported these companies with CAB 03454 04 05 06 and asked for details to be forwarded to Blackpool Trading Standards (where debt collection agency live) and I have today reported this to Action Fraud - the lady who helped me said she wasn't aware of any "NHS" advertising scams but information I gave will be passed to police. I named all companies incl Debt Collection and gave their contact names and bank acct details of OMS.

The call with Action Fraud 0300 123 2040 did take more than an hour (just giving a heads up on the time it may take to make the report) but if it gets these "alleged" scammers stopped or at least hindered and on the radar of the police then it was time very well spent for me.

I do hope more previous or any new members who have been / are affected will be able to contact CAB / Action Fraud

If I can help/assist anyone I am happy to.

kind regards
                Chris
                please can you offer me some advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rock9 View Post
                hi guys just signed up to let you all know about our situation. first got contacted on the 14.10.2014 by internet media experts uk ltd, exactly the same as everyone else, all the same promises, i must of told the sales rep 15 times i was not interested in auto rolling contracts, his reply was because of crossing out the standing order and paying in full, was basically given notice of cancellation in advance, never any sales which doesn't surprise me, after finding out from friends that work for the nhs and have excess to the intranet, they couldn't even find anything to do with that website.

today 19.01.17 received a very detailed letter off commercial debt recovery stating i have 5 days to pay there client or legal proceedings will follow, one quick search later and find out that company is dissolved. did ring them but wont bore you with the full convo but in short, when i told her about it being illegal to pretend that a company is still active when it clearly isn't, she said please hold and ill get my manager, she then shouts across a room that had a dog barking in background, sounded more like a front room than a office, a guy who wouldn't give me his name, said sorry wrong letter head has been used here are the correct details and gave me the company reg number for Media Collect Ltd. basically this group of scammers are that busy opening and closing companies they cant even keep up with which company to intimidate you with.

i've read through most of the pages on here and still cant find any one who has been took to court, but if i've missed the post, would love to hear of the outcome.

my solicitor tells me i could easily with all the evidence take them to court, which i really want to do, not for the money but to help others not fall foul to theses scammers, but just feel that they would just as easily close down and set back up again.
                pkease can you offer me some advice?

Comment

Do you have the original contract?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Do you have the original contract?
                    Yes I do. The one with IME Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
                      Yes I do. The one with IME Ltd.
                      Look familiar??

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...e-scam-3429541

currently dealing with the jokers

Comment

Originally posted by yesman View Post
                        Look familiar??

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...e-scam-3429541

currently dealing with the jokers
                        blimey. Is this linked to OMS at all? It sounds very similar.

Comment

blimey. Is this linked to OMS at all? It sounds very similar.
                          I don't know

but I do know from trading standards that these scams are rife in the north east

There is no portal - I've never had logins or received a proof of artwork

Comment

I don't know

but I do know from trading standards that these scams are rife in the north east

There is no portal - I've never had logins or received a proof of artwork
                            where are you at with your investigation? Have they threatened court action for unpaid invoices etc? I need advice. Feel stupid for having been conned for so long.

Comment

where are you at with your investigation? Have they threatened court action for unpaid invoices etc? I need advice. Feel stupid for having been conned for so long.
                              Dont feel stupid - there's loads of us. Report it to Action Fraud online and tell your local trading standards you have been the victim of an advertising scam. Complaint to the insolveny service about there conduct - shout, scream and collectively we will be heard.

i don't feel comfortable to discuss my personal case on here, as not to jepodise my position

Comment

Dont feel stupid - there's loads of us. Report it to Action Fraud online and tell your local trading standards you have been the victim of an advertising scam. Complaint to the insolveny service about there conduct - shout, scream and collectively we will be heard.

i don't feel comfortable to discuss my personal case on here, as not to jepodise my position
                                I totally understand. Thank you for your support.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X