• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell and Bryan carter county court form for a statute barred debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell and Bryan carter county court form for a statute barred debt

Hi,
    I have received a county court claim form from bryan carter on behalf of lowell on a debt i am not sure if it is mine and if it is i'm pretty dang sure is well over the statute barred limit as it is saying it was a debt purchased from o2 but i have been with orange for last 7 years. I have checked experian and in the last 6 years on there the only default showing is lowell just over four years ago.
    I am busy typing up letter template for cpr31.14 and sorting out to put a defence into court online system, but i have a few queries on the template it says about them providing copies of the documents the have stated on the court form but all i have on my form is the following:-

This claim is for £358.76 The amount due under the agreement between the orginl creditor and the defendant to provide services.
    This debt was assigned/purchased by Lowell portfolio ltd on xx/xx/2012 and the notice served pursuant to the property act 1925

particulars
    re- o2 ltd
    a/c no xxxxxxxxx

and the claimant claims £358.76

Then it adds the 8% interest on.
    That is all i can find. So do i just ask them to send everything stated on the template letter (thats relevant) or have i missed something within that text?

Also do i send the same letter to bryan carter and the courts?

And the filing my defence part is 32 days after form is dated is that correct?

Thanks for any help you can give. Never done this before so i am a totally newbie. I have read over most of the posts today but i am still lost.

Thanks again

Edit:- I have added this to the cpr request letter should i leave it in or not:-- In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request (none of the payments made for said copying costs can be construed as payment to/for acknowledgement of this claim).
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X