• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tax credit overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax credit overpayment

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.

I was awarded PIP standard rate in Dec 2014 back dated to July 2013, I informed the tax credits that I was receiving this and they adjusted my tax credits award accordingly. I went through the process of asking for a MR on PIP then appeal, PIP took my award away as soon as i applied for appeal. I have kept Tax credits informed every step of the way and each time I have phoned them to say I lost my award and then lost my appeal they asked me a series of questions about my disability and said that they will continue to pay the disability premium.

I received a letter April/May this year to say I had been over paid from 28th Oct 2014 (appeal date) and that they want this money back and have lowered my award to pay this over payment back. I have wrote to them with dates of conversations etc and am waiting to hear back from them.

What I would like to know is if they agree that THEY make a mistake will I get the money I have paid back to them from my existing award back from them??

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X