• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catalogue debt

Oh thank you so much for clarifying that, I could not see it! Thank you soo much everyone!! So would it be all ok now to email? I know [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M has said I can do it Monday but I will be very busy at work that day and I don't want to forget. Do you think I can add the bit about struck out with prejudice so it does not come to float again?

Comment

See Above $73

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Did they?
        [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] ....sorry, I sent the letters ad aviced here and have not heard at all? Which one should I therefor choose?

Comment

Did they?
          [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] See #54 I followed your advice there....did I misunderstand. I sent CCA and CPR and have had no response to any.

Comment

apologies for being so pushy but just need to have this done. @ DianaM [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] do I just delete point 12?
            Last edited by nafta; 10th February 2017, 15:36:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
              apologies for being so pushy but just need to have this done. @Diana M @charitynjw do I just delete point 12?
              I completely understand your wish to get your Defence filed early (if Monday 4 pm is the deadline) but since this claim is for over £10k you need to get it right or you may be at risk of the other side's legal costs if you lose the case since it's likely to be allocated to the Fast Track.

It's good that you're feeling involved in the task because some people just print off a template and send it without understanding or considering the contents. So feel free to ask as many questions as you like

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                I completely understand your wish to get your Defence filed early (if Monday 4 pm is the deadline) but since this claim is for over £10k you need to get it right or you may be at risk of the other side's legal costs if you lose the case since it's likely to be allocated to the Fast Track.

It's good that you're feeling involved in the task because some people just print off a template and send it without understanding or considering the contents. So feel free to ask as many questions as you like

Di
                [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M thank you so much! I have used the Template given and deleted the options I though I did not need. However I need to know each point is correct and nothing is missing or wrong. I know about point 4 as [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] nicely helped me clarify it. However there is a query about point 12 which refers to advice in post#54 I might have misunderstood.
                I wrote and sent the two letters as advice in here and have note heard a thing. nothing. Does point 12 apply? if it does which part does? are all the other point good to go? I have read here that struck out with prejudice means that they can never bring it back? Is this correct? should I put that on my defence?

Many thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
                  apologies for being so pushy but just need to have this done. @ DianaM @charitynjw do I just delete point 12?
                  Did they agree to a 28 day extension?
                  If not (& I can't see from your previous posts that they did), choose the appropriate option for para 12.
                  12: I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have declined
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Did they agree to a 28 day extension?
                    If not (& I can't see from your previous posts that they did), choose the appropriate option for para 12.
                    @charitynjw Ok see if I am understanding this one finally. On the CPR 15.5 I did say that if they wanted more time to provide me with this documents they should do this in writing , so I guess I did invite them. But because they have not replied at all it means they have declined. Right? Do all the other points look right? if so I will email this on Monday morning before going to work.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd v nafta
                    Court Claim No. XXXXXXXX

1: I received the claim xxxxxxx from the Northampton CountyCourt Business centre on 10 Jan 2017

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement ofcase is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim is for a Catalogue Account agreement regulatedunder the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequateinformation to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreementwas entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the accountwas assigned from Shop Direct to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd on 12 Feb 2016. TheDefendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that Shop Direct served any Default noticeon the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant isrequired to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon theDefendant.

8: On the 18 Jan 2017 I sent a request for inspection ofdocuments mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil ProcedureRule 31.14 to Cohen Cramer Solicitors. I requested the Claimant provide copiesof the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment .

9. Cohen Cramer Solicitors has not sent any of thesedocuments to me.

10. On the 18 Jan 2017 I sent a formal request for a copy ofthe original agreement to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd pursuant to section 78 of theConsumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) ConsumerCredit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannotenforce the agreement.

12: I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend thetime period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (asallowed under CPR 15.5), but they have declined.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claimincludes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that anyallegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless heexpressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant berequired to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide thenecessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claimshould stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are receivedfrom the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and wouldask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the reliefas claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defenceare true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....

Comment

Seems ok now, nafta.
                      Some of the wording seems to have run together, so separate them before sending.
                      If you are emailing it to the court, put (Lowell) v (nafta) Court Claim No (XXXXXXXX) in the subject box.
                      & sign & date the statement.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Seems ok now, nafta.
                        sign & date the statement.
                        Silly question but do I just type my name?

Comment

legal document = sign

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                            legal document = sign
                            thanks @ MIKE770 ok so the print sign and scan to send as email?

Comment

yes "!"""" Recorded delivery

Comment

I am going to send this by email to the address I have been given. It still needs signing by pen right? I know I am being told all this things but [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] said I need to make no mistakes . I will send it by email tomorrow morning. I know the defence is right now just double checking this thing about the signature so I can print it and sign it and then scan it. By email I will send it as an attachment? Many thanks to all!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X